Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Diary Entry #2: Beware of toilets (31O111)

Dear Diary,


Having a slightly restless night from jet lag, I woke up at around 9AM but technically, I still woke at around the same time as I usually did in Australia =P. Around 12PM, my aunt and cousin took me to eat brunch at a food court. It was very Asian styled, really not like the Western way. It was kind of like a mini buffet really; each stand served different types of food and like a buffet, we get to choose what to put on our plate.

Asian style food court.


Later in the afternoon, I went to Malaysia's Chinatown, which it practically 4x the size of Sydney's Chinatown. We at a lot of stuff, bought a lot of stuff (mostly food) and saw a lot of things. Malaysia's street side laksa is quite different to Australia's laksa. I think Australia's laksa's more creamy, but I think I like Malaysia's laksa better; it tastes more... authentic? It's as though you can taste the culture as well =). Many thanks to uncle and auntie because they bought a lot of stuff for me. They're such nice people; the whole family's nice =).

Roasted chestnuts =).


What I found interesting was that they had a whole restaurant just for congee. In Australia, congee's only one of the dishes in restaurants; never does a restaurant sell only congee in Australia. I thought it was pretty cool =).

Porridge with fried pig skin (I think?).


May I say, beware of the toilets? Most of the time, they still have the former toilets; the crouching ones. So you don't know how many times I thanked the heavens when I managed to find a proper toilet. If you do unfortunately find only crouching ones, remember to always have tissue with you because they aren't really consistent with stocking their lavatory goods =.=.


Later at night, we went shopping again. The night life there is much more exciting in Australia. Even their shopping centres close much later too. Or maybe because it's CNY period, so the shops are open for last-minute shoppers. The things here are definitely much cheaper than in Australia. Right now, the currency is AU $1 : RM 2.98; Malaysian money is almost 3x of Australian money. YOSH! More money to spend >=D.



After shopping, we went to eat. Hmms... they tend to take me eating a lot, and shopping. I guess they're trying to fatten me up LOL! The restaurant it similar to the Australian restaurant called Mamak. There was one that was really good; it's called a 'Roti Tissue' (or how you pronounce it anyways =S). It's sweet and salty,can be broken very easily, and was very long =). Due to the melted sugar, it felt as though it was quite oily too. But overall, it was delicious =D. We went home after eating. That's one day gone, another 2 weeks left.


Rotti Tissue =).
 
Ciao,
FiONA =).

No comments: