Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Friday 11 February 2011

Diary Entry #13: I ATE SMELLY TOFU >=D !!!

Dear Diary,

Happy 19th Birthday to Raymond T. =).

I had brunch with 2nd uncle, 2nd aunt and 3rd aunt before visiting Grandma for the last time. We spent some time there talking with Grandma, Gu Ma and Gu Jeong (my father's eldest sister and her husband). My 4th uncle and aunt were working and cousin Yong Xian went back to boarding school. And again, Grandma and Gu Ma gave me more money (RM $3OO) hahaha! How lucky of me =D. 

Later that night, uncle, aunt and cousin Mun Fei took me out for dinner. Cousin San San and Mun Loong were working that day, so they couldn't join us. We went to a Nyonya-styled restaurant, which is a combination of Malaysian and Chinese cuisine (it's also what they called females that were Chinese-Malays; males were known as baba). The restaurant was located at The Curve a shopping district where there were streets of restaurants; I guess the place was mostly designated for restaurants. There were vegetables called lady-fingers and smelly beans. The lady-fingers tasted and looked kind of like normal beans and in my opinion, the smelly beans weren't that smelly either =/. Either way, the meal was quite delicious =D. They displayed various ancient artifacts like pages of this ancient Chinese book. I don't really know how to explain it, it was kind of like a book of wisdom or something ... =S I took photos of it anyways; my aunt told me to show it to my mum so that she could read it.

After dinner, we went to a night market. Not everyone was open; I guess it's because they were still celebrating the CNY or we just came a bit too earlier. Our purpose there was to find lanterns and smelly tofu. We found the lanterns, but we couldn't find the smelly tofu. Uncle bought me sunny-side up quail eggs instead. Apparently, eating one quail egg is like eating 2 chicken eggs. That's how high of cholesterol they are... That night I had about 3 or 4; cousin San San ate the rest for me. Just when we were about to leave, cousin Mun Fei found the smelly tofu store due to it's foul smell. Indeed, it stunk. The smell was similar to sewage smell. Cousin Mun Hong once told me that they actually fry it with sewage water or something. Aunt said that it wasn't true. To be honest, it wasn't that different to normal fried tofu; the smell was also not as bad once you've tasted it. I think what made it different than normal fried tofu was the sauce - sweet and spicy sauce. Oh, they also added some kind of cabbage salad with it as well. Either way, I was happy that I tried it, but I don't think I'll be trying it again any time soon. Cousin Mun Fei helped me finish the rest off. When we got back, I tried to annoy cousin San San with my breathe, but she wasn't afraid ... Oh wells =P. 

Cousin San San was actually taking me out to a club that night. Hence, I made sure to brush my teeth before I left. I didn't want her friends to feel disgusted with me. It was a private family party that her rich friend's parents organized. To be honest, it wasn't that interesting. There were a combination of old and young people, so I guess the meaning of 'fun' varied a bit. I had half a bottle of beer, and that's about it. Beer wasn't really my thing. To reduce the chances of being pulled over, I was ordered to sit in one of the guy's car instead. Apparently, having a girl and a guy, in a car, on a club night, was less obvious for the police to think we drunk. Oh, speaking of clubbing, girls actually had a night where everything they drank was on the house, at a club. It's a Thursday night. How lucky is that? Anyways, I digress. The guy and my cousin actually raced each other to the house... I was quite surprise; he went up to ~ 140KM =S He was a smooth driver, so i wasn't that scared. But seeing my cousin race off like that was unexpected. She told me that she didn't speed that often. Apparently, Jason, who was sitting in her car, told her to not let the guy who I was with beat them. Jason was another friend of my cousin. In the end, they won. We were stuck between cars, that's why we couldn't speed much. But when there was space, the guy was very good an maneuvering, very smooth O_O. They were right; if you drive in Malaysia long enough, when you go back to your own country, you would be a pro. 

We went back to the rich guy's friend to hang out instead. One of the friends was so drunk that... actually, I'm not going to say. It wasn't a pretty sight. He ended up sleeping outside. Alone. On the floor. We played a game of cards called 'King.' It was kind of a game of dare and cards mixed together. There would be the King card, and then 1 to any amount of number, depending on how many people playing, minus one because the 'King' would also be included. Then we would all pick a card; the person with the 'King' card would make up a dare and then call out 2 numbers so that they would be the ones doing the dare. The night turned out pretty interesting ... I won't say what the dares were; the dares were more wild and daring than what I usually played. Then again, that's because the people I play wasn't that openly perverted and wild >.> ... I felt sorry for David because for the majority of games, he was always one of the victims. It was so freakishly consistent that he almost wanted to just volunteer himself for every dare. We all couldn't help but laugh =P. Also, it was the first time I saw my cousin so... daring. I knew she's outgoing and open but i didn't know she could be this... wild xP.  

Again, we left home at around ~4:30AM. Unfortunately, on the way back, uncle called cousin San San to ask where she was. We got busted. Cousin San San was right, uncle really does wake up really early. Luckily, we weren't scold or anything. Uncle did lecture us for a minute or two, but that was it. Also, I wasn't drunk at all =). I only had half a bottle of beer after all =P. Another day over.
 
Aju,
FiONA =).

No comments: