Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Saturday 26 February 2011

3 things you must remember for ice skating

I went ice skating at Cantebury with some friends today. Though my ice skating skills improved, my tendency to fall never ceased. Also, because I left the house at the hottest time of the day, I completely forgot to wear the proper attire for ice skating. Hence, I wore shorts and ankle socks, and didn't bother to bring a jacket. For the next time, there are 3 things I must remember: 

  1. Wear thick socks.
  2. Wear pants.
  3. Bring a jacket/cardigan/jumper. 

Anyways, I didn't fall as much as Raymond, but I fell harder than he did. If my camera had batteries, I would've taken a photo of it and upload it just to show you how serious it was. I'm pretty sure when I wake up tomorrow morning, I'll have bruises all over my legs. There were 2 injuries that were particularly painful. One was from knocking into a kid and falling very closely on my tailbone. Luckily, the kid didn't get hurt and besides, she had a helmet on. Another was when we made a train; Linh was the leader and she was going very fast. Jack, being behind me, was also going very fast. I was having a trouble holding onto Linh so when I fell, everyone else on the train fell. Jack said that he almost cut my fingers off because when I leaned backwards, my fingers were very close to his feet. I'm also thankful because if he didn't lift me onto his lap, I could've gotten a bigger scrape on my thigh. We played tips for a while; I was the only one who wasn't 'it,' which was good because i wouldn't have been able to tip anyone anyways.

At around 4:30PM we left to eat at Canley Heights. When we went to pay for the bill, it was a lot cheaper than we thought; we think it was because they gave us the wrong bill xP. Lucky us, I guess. Though I do feel kind of bad. Raymond had to leave early so we all drove to his house. After Raymond left with his family, for a 50th anniversary celebrate of his grandparents or something, we just stood outside his house to chat. Matt gave Elin, Linh and Kenny a ride on his bike since he's on his full license. Linh then felt like going to the beach, so we did. We made a pit-stop at my house first because I needed to change my clothes and all.

We decided to go to La Perouse Beach since it was the closest. By the time we reached there, it was around 8PM. We pretty much just hanged out, chatted and played in the sand. may I say how disturbing Jack's faces were? They looked oddly realistic at night. Or maybe because of the shadows. Either way, it was disturbing. We didn't really play in the water, but Matt actually dared to go swimming even though he wasn't wearing the proper attire, nor did he have a towel. I wouldn't dare to go swimming in the dark. Though, Kenny did have a torch with him. For once, I could see heaps of starts. It was very beautiful, but oddly enough it was in a line. We think it was because there were houses on either side of the beach. Still, I could stare at them all night if I could =). We left the beach at around 9:30PM. I was sniffling by that time. Many thanks to Kenny for driving me home =).



PS. Kenny's manual driving is getting better, but I still think Linh drives the smoothest, in manual or automatic =).
PSS. Thanks Jack and Linh for the photos =).

No comments: