Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Thursday 3 February 2011

Diary Entry #5: HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR =D !!!

Dear Diary,


It was finally Chinese New Year. I celebrated, at home, with my 2nd uncle's family. We had a vegetarian meal for breakfast. Vegetarian food makers sure were good with making their food taste like meat. 


We continued celebrating at Grandma's house (she's actually living with 4th uncle, and his family, and eldest aunt and her husband). Majority of the family was already there; it was a huge family O_O! Apparently, it was tradition to 'jum cha' to people that were older than you (I don't really know how to explain it in English; give drinks to?) It was also tradition for those that are married to provide the youngsters red pockets =D. Speaking of drinks, because I wasn't feeling so well, my 4th aunt gave me this mysterious herbal drink. Apparently, depending on what taste and how strong a taste it is, you can identity what part of you is unhealthy. When I drank it, it was really bitter; they said that it was my stomach or something =S I don't completely remember. I thought it was a pretty interesting drink though. While at Grandma's, most of the time I was upstairs, in Yong Xian's room, with cousin Yong Xian, Mun hong and Jai Huey. 

Jia Huey.
Jo Kenn.

After half an hour, 2nd uncle and his family took me to 2nd auntie's brother's house. We had a light dinner before having some fun with dressing up. Actually, it was more like my aunt and cousins chose clothes for me to try and I pick out the ones that I liked. Aunt's brother's wife sold Korean and Japanese styled clothings. The clothes were quite pretty but I guess I wasn't to used to wearing such stylish clothes. Since we were family, she gave us a discount YAY! I even though a dress for mum but I'm not sure if she'll wear it =/ she usually wears pants and t-shirts after all... kind of like me =P. Oh wells, guess she needs a change as well =D. For the other half of the visit, I spent my time playing with their son (Zhi Loon). We played with legos, Jenga, Uno and Counter Strike; with Counter Strike, I just watched him play. 

Later on, we went to 4th auntie's restaurant for CNY dinner with the entire family. Had an extravagant dinner with Loh Sang (a traditional CNY dish with a combination of various side dishes; we would all mix it together saying lucky things for the CNY) and shark-fin soup, but I spent more time taking photos with family members than eating; it's a very big family after all. Ah, it's understandable, I haven't seen them in ~10 years or so. Zhi Loon came along with us to dinner but he didn't eat much. Maybe he felt awkward =S. I think I should've worn tights or skinny jeans or something, but then again, I didn't bring any. Malaysia's really hot after all. Still, I looked like I wasn't wearing anything under my shirt since it's so long. Apparently, cousin Mun Hong and San San were collecting money from my relatives to buy me a new camera. I felt really touch =) it's very nice of them since it's not their fault that my camera broke. I offered to pay half but they said they've collected enough already. I should treat them to dinner before I leave =). 

Loh Sang =).
Grandma and I =).
 All my cousins, my Grandma and I =).


At home, prepared some lychee jelly for the next day. Zhi Loon was sleeping over, but before that, he wanted to play games. I offered to play with him. We played PS2 and and a bit of fireworks. I was defeated, repeatedly, over a Naruto dueling game. Knowing me, I pretty much button bash for any type of fighting game, so I obviously lost over and over again; I knew none of the special moves *sigh*. HAHAHA Zhi Loon is kind of a sore loser; when he loses too much in a game, he decides to play a different game. But he was a nice boy, he actually lets me have a go rather than hogging the entire game to himself =). By 1AM we went to sleep. Another day gone.

Roasting nuts and some sort of Vietnamese dry fish.
Home made lychee jelly =D !
 The red food containers in the middle plays the CNY song =D !

Adieu,
FiONA =). 


PS. All these Chinese names that I'm spelling in my posts, I'm pretty sure that they're not quite precise, but it's the best I could do LOL!
PSS. Thanks cousin Mun Hong for the photos =).

No comments: