Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Thursday 3 February 2011

Diary Entry #4: Let's pray for good luck (O2O211)

Dear Diary,


In the morning, we went to a temple to pray for the deceased family members; my grandma and 2nd auntie's mum and dad. Firstly, we placed food in front of their name plates and then we prayed with incense. They taught me that when I pray, I was suppose to identify myself to which person, then kind of talk to them, and then finish with asking them to come down and visit us for CNY. We went to eat breakfast while we wait for the deceased family members to eat their meal. Then we come back and take everything back. Beware of the bottom part of the incense; it can stain your hands red/pink.


In the afternoon, 2nd auntie, cousin San San and I went to another shopping centre. Cousin San San and I went shopping around while auntie went to the hairdressers. Later on, Cousin Pui Yi and Mun Hong met up with us. They were all so nice; they bought all my clothes =P. I must say, the clothes they suggest I buy were a lot different to the clothes I usually wear (t-shirts and shorts). Apparently, they want me to look more of my age and more feminine; wear more dresses and all. I still have some trouble finding the shoes that I like; they always ran out of my size. Apparently, in Malaysia, my shoe size is average, so lots of people buy that size. The situation's similar to buying shoes in Australia however; rather than my shoe size being the most common size, my shoe size is one of the least common size *sigh*. I wish my feet were bigger =/. We ate a bit of lunch at Old White Coffee. I think the restaurant's similar to Gloria Jeans in Australia, except they had proper meals as well. Oh, I almost forgot! While we were taking photos, a clumsy idiot knocked over my cousin, making her drop my camera. When we first checked it, it was okay, so we let him go. It was only after we left the shopping centre did we realise it was stuffed up; the lenses wouldn't go back in :@ !!! It was barely bought for half a year, damn it! I swear, if I saw that guy again, I will break his legs >:@ >:@ >:@ or just buy me a new camera.  

Last photo taken before my camera said hello to the floor ='(.
 
After shopping, we went to a Korean restaurant to celebrate 2 auntie's and cousin Mun Loong's birthday. Aunt's uncle's family also came along to dinner as well. There were a couple of Korean idols photos. Unfortunately, there wasn't any Super Junior =.= ; I shoul'd told them to put one up. The restaurant actually cook the food for us, unlike in Australia. How lucky =). We had shots of white wine, since they didn't provide wine glasses, and a cheesecake. Since we couldn't finish the cake, we gave the rest to the restaurant.

 Happy Chinese New year =).
My Aunt's brother's family =).
 
After dinner, auntie, cousin San San and I went to cousin San San's godmother's house for a while. She had a really big family; the children were playing with fireworks. There was even a New Zealander at their house. Apparently, him and his family moved over to Malaysia to work and he's close friends with godmother's children. I had another glass of red wine since auntie couldn't drink it. I felt really hot and my face was completely red afterward LOL but I'm pretty sure I wasn't drunk. 

 New Zealander on the left; they're playing with fireworks =).
Cousin San San's godfather and godmother and one of their grandchildren =).
 
After showering, cousin San San and uncle took me to a Buddhist temple to pray for good fortune, luck and happiness. There was quite a lot of praying, burning incenses and burning paper involved. Also, apparently, rubbing a big sword and crawling under the bit table 3 times was good luck LOL. I don't know how lucky I am, but there's no harm in trying something that may bring you good luck =). On the way back, we saw fireworks and lanterns in the sky; it was already Chinese New Year. People write their wishes and messages on lanterns and light them up. It was pretty cool; I felt the culture spreading across the sky. I hope all their wishes came true =). Also, it seems like the Malaysian government didn't allow people to light up fireworks and if you get caught, you had to bribe them to get out of trouble however; if the government's having an election that year, they allowed people to light up fireworks. Obviously, I'm going to play 'til my heart's content =) you can't legally play fireworks in Australia after all. That's it for another day.

 I braided my own hair =D !
 I really heavy good luck sword (I'm not sure what it's called =S).


Khush,
FiONA =).

No comments: