Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Sunday 6 February 2011

Diary Entry #7: Welcome to Melaka; World Heritage City (O5O211)

Dear Diary,



Cousin San San, Pui Yi and I went to Melaka. Melaka's actually how Malaysians would pronounce it; Malacca is what people would normally pronounce it as.  It's a historical state in Malaysia that Portuguese have conquered in 1511. So the city's been influenced with some Portuguese culture, eg. religion.   


But before our road trip, we had breakfast at a restaurant near cousin Pui Yi's house. Cousin Mun Hong was too busy sleeping, so he didn't join us =/. The food was okay, and the apple juice seemed particularly sour =S. The drive was 2 hours there and back; I spent most of the traveling time sleeping in the back. I couldn't put my seat belt on  because it didn't work; they told me I didn't need to anyways. When we got there, the traffic was pretty bad. So was the parking. 

 This was the secret photo taken by my cousin Pui Yi on the way there >.<.


After finding a space, we went to meet up with cousin Pui Yi's friend at a restaurant for lunch. The food tasted a bit strange to me, and my stomach wasn't really working with me, so  I didn't eat much. I think I'm officially sick with the flu =(. Being sick on holidays is the worst >. Rather than talking about my trip to various shops and sites, I'll just upload the photos =) after all, a picture's worth a thousand words =).


Some kind of hard candy.
 Ondeh.
 Shaved ice with beans underneath.
 
Before hitting the road again, we ate dinner at this Western-looking restaurant, but they still sold Asian food. The interior design looked pretty refreshing, pale coloured and all, but I can't say the same to the exterior design =/. I think they need to fix their restaurant sign; I had to walk back far enough to see it because it was blocked by the roof looking decoration.


This fish dish was pretty spicy. Or maybe it just felt extra spicy because my senses weren't really with me since I was sick.

Not only was my stomach wasn't working with me, but so was my bladder. Then again, my bladder never worked with me =/ just like my mum. Half way through the trip back to Kuala Lumpar, I urgently needed to go the toilet. Because of that, cousin Pui Yi illegally drove on the side of the road to travel further up the road. We made it to McDonald; thank McDonald Corporation for making it a fast growing, International franchise! I also must say that cousin Pui Yi's driving made me laugh a bit. Due to the traffic, she stopped and started the car quite a bit but rather than slowly driving up, she practically slammed her foot on the accelerator when she got the chance. The abrupt back and forth motion just cracked me up xD. But I am thankful for her driving us and her illegally driving us to get me to the closest toilet =). Another day gone, another day about to begin.


Zai Jian,
FiONA =).

PS. Thanks cousin Pui YI for the photos =).
PSS. Some photos were taken with my phone camera. 

No comments: