Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Diary Entry #3: when meat starts to taste all the same (O1O211)

Dear Diary,


Cousins San San and Mun Hong took me to Grandma's house. We went to eat at a restaurant nearby; apparently, it's the same place we'll be eating at on CNY. Being all daring, I tried the ostrich meat and frog meat. Let me tell that when they say 'frog tastes like chicken,' or 'everything tastes like chicken,' they're pretty much correct. The cooked frog tasted AND looked like chicken. Oddly enough, the ostrich meat, although it's poultry, it tasted like beef =S. I though the ostrich meat was more likely to taste like chicken. Weird. We also had a dessert that was like fruits with ice. I'd tell you the name, but I forgot ^_^'.

There were even frog meat and ostrich meat O_O!

We went back to Grandma's house. She lives with 4th uncle's family and eldest aunt and her husband. Cousin San San went back to her nanny for a visit. We saw her nanny's daughter just before going to Grandma's house. We thought the daughter was the nanny; we were thinking 'wow, she's so in' and 'whoa, she's so young,' but when we asked cousin San San later, she said it was the daughter LOL! We were thinking, if she really was her nanny, she would've been a young girl when she looked after cousin San San =). She was very nice; she gave us red pockets even though she just met us =D. I digress. Anyways, Cousin Mun Hong fell asleep because he was so tired, so 4th auntie took me out to look around. We plucked some mangoes that was outside her house before we left =). We went to a close by shopping centre. We pretty much walked around. Just before we left, I wanted to buy a small birthday gift for 2nd auntie and Cousin Mun Loong because their birthdays are on the same day as CNY. So I chose 2 different coloured CNY bunnies; one and one yellow. Auntie was so nice, she bought the bunnies for me. Hms... by the way things are going, I won't be spending much money =S. Not that it's a bad thing, but I was planning to buy a lot... with my own money... LOL oh wells. Can't complain =P. 

 Year of the Rabbit decoration =).
My cousins drove me to another shopping centre. There's a restaurant called 'Big Apple Donuts & Coffee.' I don't know if they really did put apples into their donuts because the ones I had either had cream or nothing. It was similar to Donut King or Krispy Kreme except they were more colourful with their decorations =D. They even have mini donuts that looked like sushi; they were called donashi =D. Not only did it look good, it tasted pretty good as well =D. 
Peacock made of flowers =).
 Big Apple Donuts and Coffee =).
 'Donashi' on the right =).
 
We went to shop a bit more before meeting up with cousin Pui Yi and eldest cousin and his family; apparently, they call him 'bao ge,' so I started calling him that too =). He had two children, a girl and a boy, and they were both adorable =). The girl, Jia Huay, was quite photogenic; the boy, Jo Ken, was just 3 months old. So adorable =D !!! Cousin bao ge treated us dinner =D. We had fun taking photos of food and of each other =). I was so full I felt like I was going to vomit =S but luckily, I stopped before that happened =). 

 Hou Bao Ge and his family =).
 Jo kenn and I =).

We went our separate ways, to do our own individual shopping, before meeting up at a desserts restaurant =). After a while, we went our separate ways home again. When we got home, we ate some sushi and sashimi that cousin San San bought before we went home =). Day two gone in a jiffy.
Jo Kenn and Jia Huey =). One of my favourite photos =).

PS. They weren't kidding when they said Malaysia's traffic and parking's chaotic >.> ... 
PSS. Cousin San San seems to like speeding and every time 2nd uncle drives, it's usually quite bumpy =S LOL.
PSSS. Thanks cousin Pui Yi and Mun Hong for the photos.


Sayonara,
FiONA =).

No comments: