Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Wednesday 23 February 2011

BBQ + Hot Pot

On Monday, Linh invited me to a BBQ at Jack's house. Anthony was the one who drove us there. We stopped by Carrington's Westfields first to buy some food for the BBQ. I did most of the cooking >=D HA dare say that I can't cook huh?! Then again... cooking a BBQ isn't that hard >.> Since it was so hot in the morning, Jack actually hosed us while we were cooking =.=. Thankfully, he didn't do it for long, or else the food would've been ruined.

Anyways, I felt sorry for the magpies =/ the boys were having fun chucking the leftover sausages at them. Actually, I feel bad about wasting food too, but I didn't actually have the stomach to eat it all. I was saving up for Korean BBQ later that night. We didn't end up going. Anyways, it got worse actually; first it was chucking them, then it was batting with them with a baseball bat, and then they decided to through empty coke bottles instead. Half the time, they hit Jack instead LOL xP.

We played snooker, and then another game involving snooker. I don't know what's it called but it goes like this; we all pick a number out of a cup, and we just play snooker. If your ball gets out, you were out too. In this game, the difference was that you're allowed to hit any ball, not only just stripped or solid ones; and you're allowed to hit the 8 ball as well, you didn't need to wait until the end to hit it in. Yes, I was hopeless at it. Everyone was better than me. Jack and Michael ended up hitting the balls off the table half the time; Michael was really good at the game O_O.

We did different things after that. Some of us watched movies, like Alvin and the Chipmunks: Squeakquel and Dinner with the Schmucks. The chipmunks movie was okay but the Dinner wit the Schmucks was pretty funny =D. We watched a bit of 172 Hours. I thought it was pretty gruesome and graphic; maybe because it was based on a true story =/. I digressed. The others played snooker again. Linh and Lisa went for a walk a couple of times too. When Elin came over, the boys started making pancakes while the girls watched a movie. 

Around 7PM, My Linh and Allan came to pick Lisa, Linh and I up. By then, it actually started sprinkling =.= stupid weather. Linh wasn't feeling that well. But since we were all hungry, we ended up going to Canley Vale for hot pot at Red Sichuan. Unfortunately, my friends weren't working that day =(. Anyways, the food was pretty nice; the interior was half decorative, half mundane (maybe they didn't want to overdo it with the decorations); and they had very nice/good services =). We ordered a half normal spicy and half chicken soup base; we doubted if the spicy side was really 'normal'. If that was normal, 'hot' would've been extremely chili. I think it was mostly because of the herbs that made it spicy. The herbs kind of irritated our throats as well. To me, the spice was something I could handle, but it did make me cough a couple of times. We didn't order desserts because we were all a bit full. The bill ended up being ~$110. I guess it wasn't as bad as the all-you-can-eat TK Something restaurant next door. 

Linh drove us home instead since My Linh didn't want to drive. It took a while to get home because we had a short conversation while parked in front of Linh's house. I won't expose the content of the conversation, but it was kind of funny =P. Anyways, I'm thankful towards Linh because she always drove me home =P. Toby cried when I got home *sigh* =P.

PS. Jack's computer tower was HUGE O_O!!!
PSS. My Linh is a really funny driver =P. 
PSSS. Welcome home to those who went to Kiama =).

No comments: