Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Friday 1 January 2010

welcoming 2O1O with friends

Observatory Hill was our destination to see the  fireworks =D. A group of friends, and I went to save a spot before it got too crowded. We arrived there at around 11 something in the morning; there were quite a few people there already. I  guess it was a good thing that we did go early, even though we'd have 13 hours to spare lol.

For the next 13 hours, we spent it with games, food, locating the different toilet areas and exploring our city. You'd be surprise how many different and new places we saw even though we've lived here for so long; you'd think we'd know every inch of our city by now lol. Now Shirley, Vicky and I found our own hiding spot at the city that only us 3 know =D well ... out of our friends anyway =D. YAY!

Gradually, more people came, and more friends came along =D. We were enjoying each other's company and for a moment, we bathed in the sunlight. Only for a bit =) That's a lucky thing  I guess because it got kind of humid. It was a shame that behind us and in front of us were smokers =/. Although more friends came along, it was a shame to see a few leave us later on, like Maxine xO. She left too early! She didn't even stay long enough to enjoy at least the 9 o'clock fireworks with us =(. There'll always be next year =D. Again, I made more ex-Seftoner friends =D! I must know like almost 1/2 the grade, or more, now =D.

When it was nightfall, we gave a call to Cindy to sing her happy birthday before the day was over =D YAY! Then again, we were singing happy birthday every 2 or 3 hours or so throughout the day, only because other people were singing it as well LOL! There were also some random cheering moments. Of course we cheered and screamed along, although we didn't know what was going on LOL! We were also singing 'Livin' On a Prayer' by John Bon Jovi quite a lot as well hahaha =D We thought it was an appropriate song for the day.

It was a nice surprise when Eric and Wendy came because Eric said he wasn't coming and Wendy said she wasn't sure if she was coming. The more the merrier I say =D. Eric even brought sparklers and boppers with him YAY though playing sparklers in a crowded area was a bit dangerous, a few of us got injured by the sparks xO I hope they're okay now.

After 9PM, they would tease us with fireworks for every hour, increasing the suspension. As it got close to midnight, they did it every 15 minutes or so. Vicky and I were waiting for the toilets and we almost lost our position because Vicky wanted to go back for the fireworks. I guess it wouldn't have been so bad to lose our position, but the thing was we were busting to begin with. We didn't go earlier because we thought we'd miss the fireworks *sigh* we practically held it in for almost an hour or so xO. I think they should have more toilet cubicles and tissue paper. Then again, I don't think I want to go to the toilets again at night on NYE anymore =.=. Vicky and I were talking to this woman in front of us, and apparently she was a nurse at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, and that she's been a nurse for approx. 15 years already =D. I shall aim to go there and be the head nurse one day xD. You know, it was quite freaky when going back because it was so crowded and chaotic. If it Vicky didn't held my hand as tightly as she did, I think I would've gotten lost in the crowd and become stranded or something xO. THANKS VICKY =D!

Then came midnight with the fireworks. It was just spetacular =D. Apparently the symbol on the Harbour Bridge was the ring of fire (@ 9PM) and ying and yang (@ 12AM). This year's suppose to be revolving around 'spirit's or something. I'm glad I spent it with my friends. I wish more people came; I hope they had just as much fun as we did =D. Hugs, kisses and greetings were all around =D. Vicky and I shared our first hug of the year, while she shared her first swear word with Minhky LOL! I received my first kiss, on the cheek, from Shirley =D yay! You know, I thought I'd die from the group hugs because I felt I was suffocating LOL but I'd do it again anyways =D. I wish I said more for my greeting, but I had so many things to say. So instead of saying a bunch of stuff, I just said 2 things:
Happy New Year everyone; I would like to spend the rest of my new years with you =).


 
The 12 o'clock fireworks.

It's a shame that I lost my black and white checkered scarf *sigh* bought it with my own saved money. But if I was to choose between my scarf and friends, I'd definitely choose friends =). I would like to thank Eric and Shirley for going back to look for my scarf. They couldn't find it, but I thought it was very sweet of them to do something like that for me =).
 

We got separated because we were taking Hong back to the station. Some were walking faster than others, and it was getting really crowdy and chaotic. Luckily, we eventually found each other =D YAY! Thank God nothing happened to us! After that, we went to look for food. Finally, after a couple of hours, we found refuge at Pepper Lunch. For the first time, since I started hanging out with Vicky, Vicky finished first =D. She was THAT hungry. I'm pretty sure everyone else was =D. I never realised food can taste so good when you're starving lol. 

It was around 4 in the morning when I got home. Another late night out. I didn't really want to go home after 1AM, but this is differen, i guess; it's NYE =D. Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone =D let's welcome 2O1O with smiles, laughter, happiness, love and success =D.

My new year's resolution:
  • Learn how to cook properly.
  • Learn how to knit properly.
  • Get my Ps.
  • Learn more Chinese.
  • Fulfill my wishlist.
  • Become fit.
  • Make more friends.
  • Be a better daughter; do things that'll bring her happiness.
  • Be a better person.
  • Get off the pills ;D ROFLS!

PS. We saw a lot of horse that day; horse carriages and police horses YAY =D.
PSS. Sorry to the people I stepped on xO.
PSSS. YAY! I saw Sarina with her sister, Christina, in the morning =D. I haven't seen her in ages!

No comments: