Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Saturday 2 January 2010

forgotten childhood

O2O11O - Brenda T.'s 18th Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

On the way to Circular Quay, the girls (Maxine, Shirley L., Mimi, Vicky) and I started bringing up our childhood memories. We were easily fascinated and satisfied with just our imaginations. Our environment fed us with possibilities and excitement; our happiness could last for hours. We thought, what happened to those good ole' times now? 

Children of the next generation were easily bored; a rush of adrenaline from computer games and consoles which quickly diminishes into boredom. It may be convenient, but I think technology makes us pay a heavy price: decrease in eyesight, lack of imagination and too much dependence on it. Children of the 21st century are harder to satisfy because of their given options; by saying this, children in the olden days lived harder lives than the childrens of this generation and hence, just appreciates what they had in front of them, unlike the children now.  

I was thinking to myself, if I had children I wouldn't let them play any computer games until he's at least 10. Hopefully, they'd still listen to what I say at that time. When I first started high school, I was thinking to myself 'why isn't anyone playing any games?' but as I got older, I finally understood why: we got lazy. The most child-like game I saw during high school was handball, skipping ropes and elastics. I remember how, in primary school, we played Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Beyblades, clapping games, skipping, elastics, cooking with vegetation, running games, etc. Now, it's just PS3, X-Box, Wii, etc. No wonder our generation's becoming obeses. CHILDREN AREN"T PLAYING ACTIVE GAMES ENOUGH!!!

I sure miss childhood, except for the bullying. You know, bullying actually does change a person, whether for the better or the worse. It's shame that bullying advanced to cyber bullying; they just get harder and harder to ignore don't they? I digress. It's a shame that we can't turn back time, or play those childhood games again when we're older because people'll just think we're retarded or something *sigh*.

No comments: