Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Sunday 31 January 2010

Schrödinger's cat

The Big Bang Theory, Season 1 Episode 17.

After watching this episode of BBT (A/N: for more information, links 1 and 2), I've decided to do some research on my own. To some point, this show is actually educational =) because not only is it entertainingly witty and intriguing, most of what they enlighten us with is true. Though, I do agree with most people that to understand their concepts of science and logic is quite difficult, it actually encourages me to actually take initiative and research for these concepts myself, via internet. Ah, don't you just love the internet =). Well, according to this website:
"Schrödinger's catis a paradoxical though experiment devised by Erwin Schrödinger that attempts to illustrate the incompleteness of the theory of quantum mechanics when going from subatomic to macroscopic systems. This means that there can be two different universes depending on the action taken which in this case is opening the box to see if the cat is dead or not. You can not say the cat is alive or dead until you open the box."
 Because I don't completely understand the concept myself, I can't really summarise what I've read and hence, I'll just link you to these websites: 1, 2. I'll even throw in another video =) :


Schrödinger's cat video.
 
By the way, it was hilarious, yet perplexing, to read the comments to the BBT episode above because people were arguing how incorrect Sheldon's explanation was, or why Leonard kissed Penny at the end of the episode in order to see if Schrödinger's cat was alive or not LOL! All in all, BBT FTW =D !!! 

PS. Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper) is oh so funny! A downright, freaken genius xD !!!
PSS. It funny how school have started and I'm not going to school anymore. How odd.

No comments: