Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Wednesday 6 January 2010

try, try, try again

O6O11O - Zakaria's 20th BIrthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZAK =D !!! 
O5O11O - Jason H.'s 18th Birthday.

Another day was spent at the universities but it wasn't for Open day; it was for Information Day instead. To me, there's no difference besides the lack of freebies on Info Day compared to Open Day. Nothing much happened besides hanging around the city with friends =). It was nice seeing some friends there like Peter D.2 and his brother, Jessica P., Jenny and Jason. Stupid Peter, he called me on the bus when he was right behind me LOL! Being the idiot I was, I kept calling back until he finally called my name from behind. It was also nice to make new friends too =D. I made new friend today, Brandon Nguyen, and apparently he's cousins of Tina and Jessica P.. Is this a small world or what? LOL! Congratulations to Jenny because she's choosing law at UNSW, and seeing that she received the scholarship for UNSW, she will definitely make it into the course =D.
Wendy and Vicky were lucky to receive early birthday presents from Derek and Eric =D. Wendy received the Country Road wallet she always wanted (thanks for pointing it out to me Wendy!) and Vicky received the Katsu and Don plushies =D. Besides Eric, Thanh, Patrick, Derek and I, everyone else went to karaoke at Echo for 3 hours. I would've joined them but I had a feeling that I'll fall asleep during it all, and I didn't want to spend my $10 like that. I was right, I started feeling extremely tired and sleepy later on in the day. Due to the lack of sleep from the last 2 days I guess =P. Anyways, it didn't matter that we didn't go karaoke because we had fun at Prize Paradise, trying to win Vicky some plushies. Okay, so Thanh kind of cheated by reaching up and grabbing the toy, but we DID pay our fair share of the prize so it was not stealing. I've got to admit, it was quite amusing to see how hard we tried to lift the toy closer to the hole and then letting Thanh grab it by the leg. It was also quite strange how we got away with it all LOL! I mean, getting one toy wasn't suspicious, but getting 2 of the same kind is just ... odd. Luckily, the employees were too busy with their own stuff and there weren't any security camers around either =D. In this situation, this quote would be most suitable: 
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again." - William E. Hickson. 
 The meaning of this quote can be seen from this link. Of course, there are other similar quotes said by different people, in the end they all mean the say thing: keep trying. The rest of the hours were spent at Hyde Park, and then we went back to meet with the others. Most of the people have left already, so we just went to eat at Burgerlicious, then to Time Zone, before heading home.

PS. Someone brought a duckling to UNSW. HOW CUTE!!! 
PSS. Thanks David for getting me that hot dot =).

No comments: