Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Wednesday 27 January 2010

patriotism all around

26O11O - Julie P.'s 18th Birthday & Australia Day.

For the first time in my life have I celebrated Australia Day, which was this year. Not that I don't care about my country, but my family never celebrated it, so I didn't either. Yesterday, we went to the city to experience city life on Australia Day. It seemed like a normal day, with a few things out of place, and extremely crowded in others, ie. Darling Harbour. We cruised around the city on a vintage bus, watched some live entertainment at the harbour side and watched the flamboyant fireworks =). I think we all agreed that it was much better than NYE but, maybe that's because we were closer this time. Either way, the fireworks was highlight of the day. Oh, I would like to thank Eric, Stephanie T. and Thanh for waiting in line for us at Pancakes on the Rocks, because it was extremely crowded. Lucky people and their double pay rate for that day =.=. Before we went home, Thanh and Michael had a Mr. 32 cm ice cream race, and Michael won xD. One word: karma. LOL!

Thank God I said to go there earlier, or else I would've been late and hence, would've taken longer to finish my enrollment. Yes everyone, I've enrolled into USYD today, thanks to Eric and Thanh. If they weren't there, I'll most likely be lost. The enrollment took longer than I expect O_O so I couldn't visit the Maritime Museum and MCA today *sigh*. There's always next time >=). It was strange how I met so many people today ie. Cathy N., Rowena, Fiona V., Jessica T., Rebecca C., Anne N., John and Mimi. I don't usually meet people and when I do, it's usually 1 or 2, not 8+ lol =P. But it was nice seeing them all =D. We ate at Poporo before we went home. I took Eric's recommendation of the 'Terimayo Hamburg' and it was DELICIOUS xD. Beef with mayonnaise on top, cooked vegetables and rice =D. Thinking about it is making my mouth water xD I think I shall eat there again next time =D. I'm glad it's all over now; I just need to wait til O-week, and receive my timetable, and then I'm good to go for uni =). Once again, I would like to sincerely thank Eric and Thanh for accompanying, helping, and shouting me food today =).

PS. I DROVE IN THE RAIN TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME =D !!! From Cabramatta to home, approx. 5 minutes, but it was better than nothing =D. Mum said it was a practice run so she told me not to write it into the log book =/ Oh wells, practice makes perfect =).

No comments: