Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Sunday 20 December 2009

Carols in the Domain

1912O9 - Tu's 18th Birthday.
2O12O9 - Alice P.'s 17th; Lisa M.'s 18th; Ray's 18th Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY you guys!

So I guess we've learnt our lesson about going to Carols in the Domain; always come early for large events. Seeing it was the first time for all of us, it was no surprise that we would be taking refuge far away from the stage. Unfortunately, we couldn't even see the screens either, with all the trees in the way. Initially it bothered us but having each others' company made the situation better =). It didn't really matter than we couldn't see or hear the stage properly because we all had fun just eating, singing, toasting about random things with our candles, pranking people, swapping cameras around, dancing and playing around with one another.


Alice, Vicky and I.

 Vicky, me and Michael.

I liked playing with the candles most, even though I got burnt by it. "Never play with fire" didn't apply to Alice because she was fully raving and flinging her candle stick around ROFLS! Alas, after a while karma finally hit her with wax xD but then again, we all experienced the same thing as well, even if we weren't raving like Alice. Besides learning to go early next time, we learnt that we should bring more mats because sitting on newspaper, as Asian as it sounds, it's not a great idea when you have us playing with fire.


Alice and Maxine.
 
Angela.



Perverted Santa, David Le?

Maxine and Stephanie.

Another thing, MLC's $15 Christmas carol bags was oddly assorted; there were pet food, toiletries, cleaning things, foods, hats, dvds, car wax and a lot of other things LOL! Were they expecting us to camp there for the night or something? They were generous enough to even think about our pets and cars LOL. Unfortunately, they weren't generous enough to provide us bottles of water, or maybe there just wasn't enough space for one with all those other things in it as well.

Thanks to the group next to us for letting us borrow a packet of cards to play Mafia =D. I think people are nicer during Christmas xD That's another reason why I like Christmas so much =D I mean, how can you not? With all the festivals, the decorations, the sentiments which are attached to this festive season, the weather, etc. xD

We didn't stay up til the end, but we stayed long enough to see the fireworks. One word: short. WAY too short!!! It didn't even last for 30 seconds! If I could, I'd write them a letter of requests; I would like more screens, water bottles and mats provided IN the Christmas carol bags and longer fireworks. Overall, it's a good learning experience =D. We shall go there next year, but this time we'll be more prepared for it xD!

Before I finish today's blog post, I would to make a comment about driving. Thank you Mimi's brother (Andrew) for driving us home =D, but it is just too hilarious and dangerous when you drive. What happened was that when Vicky is dropped off first, she walked in front of the car. Andrew, assuming that she was going to walk behind the car, drove off. Of course Vicky's okay because he braked before anything could happen. He said his foot was on the brake, but seriously... THAT WAS TOO SCARY! I think we all had our heats skip a beat when we thought Vicky was going to get hit rofls! Thank God nothing happened! I think he needs more driving lessons LOL. Just joking, he's not a that bad of a driver =) but having more practice won't hurt, especially at night xD.


 Me, Mimi, Stephanie and Vicky.

Stephanie, Vicky and Shirley.

Me and Mimi.

PS. Thanks Maxine, David, Mimi and Melissa for letting us scab food from your bags xD.
PSS. Thanks David L., Maxine and Shirley L. for the photos =).   
PSSS. After almost a year, I finally went driving again today! It's sad to know that my driving skills became worse, but no worries! I'll just have to drive more often now since I have the time =D.

2 comments:

jadems said...

aww, lol, nowhere to post XP
Also, sounds like you guys had fun at Carols. If I only I hadn't gone somewhere else XD

just another story said...

LOL yeah! you should've came with us!