Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Wednesday 7 May 2008

seeing something invisible . . .

O1O5O8 - Kit's 16th Birthday.
O3O5O8 - Linda C.'s 16th Birthday.
O5O5O8 - Nguyensa's 15th Birthday.
O7O5O8 - Antony's 16th Birthday.

Ghosts. It's like a new window has opened up to me on the concepts of ghosts. I used to think only of the negative issues about ghosts. I knew the basics - spiritual wondering souls waiting to pass over, or have unfinished business and waiting for it to end so they can be finally rest in peace. The media can have such a huge impact on people, not only about ghosts but other things as well. I've always thought I wasn't that easily persuaded by the media, but I guess I'm not an exception to it. Of course, I still believe in ghosts (along with the other 20% of the world's population) but I'm not as afraid of them anymore and I'm glad. I'm glad that I don't see them in that light anymore. I was so engrossed in the groundless statements and unbelievable facts about them that I completely forgot about the actual existence of ghosts. They are souls, they still have emotions, they still have unreachable goals, they still reminiscent about their past. Instead of helping them rest in peace, I'm was being totally and utterly afraid of them. How selfish of me; I'm ashamed of myself. It was the 'discussion' I had with Jerry which finally slapped me awake from my unnecessary nightmare. Seeing that he is an intellectual and promising adult, while I'm just a stubborn, 'naive' little girl he explained to me things that no other people had actually told me about. Of course they told me there's no such things as ghosts and things like that, but they had no reassurance, no reasonable explanation for that. Of course, overall he didn't really change the fact that ghosts do OR do not exist. However, he did help me see another perspective, the 'adults' perspective. The sentence, he said, that made me not as afraid of ghosts anymore is 'even if there are ghosts, the chances of you meeting a ghost is like one to a billion, so whats the point being afraid of something that's not really going to happen...' or something along the lines. Our perspectives disagrees with each other but his is more logical, realistic, compared to mine. He made me feel like a child; a silly, stubborn little child. And here I was, thinking I was becoming more mature. It was nothing. I am becoming more mature, but not in the sense of actually seeing the real world. I wont deny it, I still have feelings i need to feel, knowledge to learn, experiences to go through, memories to remember. I'm still young. Overall, I'm a teenager, an adolescent, a child. I talked with Jeffrey and Nathan. Both had similar, yet different opinions at the same time. Jeffrey had a close relative encountering with ghosts, while Nathan is Buddhist, and had explained his point of view in a religious perspective. Both made me feel even safer and much better about ghosts. Nathan made ghosts seem so interesting to learn about. Although, I wouldn't mind learning about them, I don't think I'm ready to get too in depth with the ghost topic. I began to understand more about 'ghosts full of vengeance' after I've watched 'Saw 2' because all the people that had to suffer were people that had committed crimes or did bad deeds. I've always believed in karma, so I always think that hopefully I wouldn't suffer since I don't think I've actually did anything THAT bad. So now, instead of thinking about the liquidized illusions of my own wild imaginations, I'll be thinking about the positive things about ghosts. Nathan said that if a person is good enough (as in a good person in general) then ghosts will follow them, and learn from them, as well as protecting them. I find that very interesting so it would be a nice notion to think that there's a ghost protecting me and learning from me =). If possible, it would be nice to learn from them too.

PS. Bich has been away for a couple of days now due to an allergic reaction with her cream. Because she had never been away before, let a lone this many days consecutively, we were worried about it. Lisa L. seemed to be selfish when Bich was away. She was thinking about herself and how she would hurt Bich for leaving her like that. Titan and I thought she really was being selfish and slack to Bich, but now ... I finally realised it's just Lisa's way of showing her affections and care towards Bich. Afterall, they have been close friends for quite a while in high school. So I apologise to Lisa for judging her just like that. I should've known better. Anyways, I hope Bich will get better soon =).

2 comments:

Rayfy said...

Yes. I agree. There are entities out there, and yet the majority of the world are ignorant.

just another story said...

I assume you, also, believe in ghosts then Raymond lols