Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Sunday 12 April 2009

one-day-explorers

I must say, exploring Strathfield today wasn't something I had in mind in regards to spending my second day of the holidays. Actually, I was thinking of surfing on the net, eating, maybe do a bit of studying, reading, etc. That never happened. Receiving a call at about 1O - 11 AM isn't my idea of a good wake up call, but Kelly decided to give me a ring anyways. The first time was just to check up on me, the second time was to tell me about how Minhky asked her to go exploring Strathfield and asked me to come along, and the third was to remind me to come and not to forget to eat breakfast before I left. Unfortunately, I was in such a rush that I didn't bother with breakfast.

Minhky, Joes, Kelly and I met Julie on the train, who was heading to the city for an outing. It was good seeing her again since it's been quite a while since I last saw or talked to her. How we ended up with incubating chickens... I don't quite remember, nor do I think I want to LOL!

Let me tell you this, anything from Strathfield is bloody expensive! Well, maybe not the rice cakes, which is only $1 each (including spicey sauce) so that was good! There was this shop which Kelly bought this plush toy key chain from, and she managed to buy it at $5 instead of $6, but it broke so easily! ZOMG! That was so not worth the money!

After exploring for a while, we decided to eat and according to Minhky, we were to each something Korean. In the end, he was the one eating the least Korean-like food: Kebab from Oporto. Oh wells! That reminds me, I owe Kelly $6 ^_____^' I should seriously pay off my debts! Thanks to her, I had a full stomach. We continued our exploring and Minh directed us to the closest thing that resembled a park: someplace outside a school. Now that's just great, we're on holidays and we're sitting outside a school. Just great! Anyways, he decided to humour us on our way back to the station... at my expenses. The others definitely didn't mind joining him either. For examples:


Fiona: Hey, that's a really big looking icecream.
Minhky: No shit, Sherlock!

Kelly: The *blah blah blah* is back there.
Fiona: But isn't there more up there?
Kelly: No shit, Sherlock!

It actually went as far as not needing to voice the expression for us to even know what they're thinking. Whatever I say, I can figuratively hear them think 'No shit, Sherlock!' in their heads. That's okay, it really was funny LOL! The rest of the afternoon went pretty well. OMG! There was this Asian man, with a dog, who had signs with smiley faces and the words 'Happy Easter' on it and was standing on the pavement in the middle of the roads. He was waving, and continuously smiling, at the drivers and pedestrians. We were so touched that we waved at him though, we couldn't be bothered to actually cross the street to talk to him LOL! Awesome day much? Not really, but it was close enough =)!

No comments: