Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Sunday 28 August 2011

Holy Mother of God, Virgin Mary

23O811 - Alicja's 20th Birthday.

Last Sunday, MG invited Alicja, Paz, Gynelle and I to a Marian Retreat Class of the Banal Na Pag-aaral to learn more about Mother Mary. We learnt about the importance of her birth, her role as the mother of Jesus and as a role model, and her disposition. Apparently, Catholic people pray with Mother Mary, not for her, for they only pray for God. This event was girls only, held at Bundilla Sout Camp, Winston Hills. The idea of waking up at 7AM on a Sunday morning wasn't my idea of a fun weekend, but I complied to MG's wishes. I was picked up at around 7:30AM, along with Paz, by a friendly male church-goer; he lived around our area and was free that morning. Neither Paz and I ate breakfast so when we got there, we dug into the free hot chocolate and biscuits. Wasn't a really good idea... I had a quick surge of sugar rush hahaha >.> . I felt a bit out of place since I was the only Chinese person there and, possibly, the only person who wasn't religious there =S. 

Despite that, I still enjoyed myself. I was enlighted by the talks about Mother Mary, her role and her life. I guess I was really tired, but near the end, I started to drift off to sleep a  bit when they told us to meditate. My senses started perking up again when I heard the speaker's voice start cracking. I was even more alert when I realised she started crying, along with the majority of the girls =S. She was talking about Mother Mary's sentiments during Jesus's crucifiction. By the end of it, we were moved to the chapel, in the next room, where we'd kneel in front of an image of Mother Mary and Jesus. Mother Mary would be sitting down with Jesus lying on her lap, the nails and all taken out, bloodied ligaments and, in my opinion, he looked so much like a child in the arms of Mother Mary. At that moment, while looking at the portrait, I felt like crying because the cruelty of humanity finally hit me, but I felt it was too late for me to do so ^_^'. Actually, it was more of the thought of how Mother Mary suffered so much during Jesus's dying ordeal. I was thinking how painful it must've been for Mother Mary, so painful to describe in words. Even if you want to empathize, it's hard because unless you've experienced it yourself, you really wouldn't know just how painful and sorrowful that type of insufferable experience is. I was also touched by the servers who gave each and everyone of us hugs as we left the chapel.  I sincerely thank you. I could feel their pain, sorrow and grief pouring out to me. I just wanted help ease some of their sufferings by just hugging them. I wasn't suffering from this, like them, but I also felt lighter and more loved when I was hugged by them.  

For the graduation ceremony, we wore white shirts and long white skirts. To be honest, I didn't even know I'd be graduated at all LOL. It sure was a surprise to me =). We were given a certificate, a rosary and a rose when we graduated. It was almost like a university graduation, because of the roses and all, but the atmosphere was much more exciting and enthusiastic =). The servers were extremely enthusiastic and they cheered a lot for and every one of us when we graduated =D. I sincerely thank MG's mum and dad for the peach coloured bouquet of roses =D they were lovely, and I felt loved =). I would also like to thank MG for inviting me =). No, I still have not converted. Do I want to be? I don't know. I'm not religious but I do admit that I believe that there's some sort of supernatural omnipotent being up there, whether it be a religious figure, spiritual energy/aura or just a powerful cluster of magical dust. So now, I have graduated from the Marian Retreat of Class No. 65-2011 of the Banal Na Pag-aaral. Many thanks to MG's dad for driving us home, the ride home was... interesting =).


PS. Thanks Paz for the photos =). 

No comments: