Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Monday 29 November 2010

a sense of vertigo

On Sunday, Derek made an outing to Villawood's indoor rock climbing gym. I'm actually kind of afraid of heights (batophobia), or the fear of falling (bathophobia) anyways. However, since it's the first time I've ever been to rock climb and since it's such a fun sport, I can't restrict myself from such enjoyment just because of my fear of heights. Hence, I continuously challenged myself to reaching the top of a number of different rock climbing activities. Although I had a sense of vertigo once I reached the top, when I finally got back down again, I felt quite satisfied and accomplished =). I know it's a small achievement for most people, but it meant quite a bit to me =). I wish I bought icecream just to reward myself =P oh wells. There was one that i wished I could've been able to accomplish further, which was the rope one. Of course, knowing that I lack upper body strength, I wouldn't have been able to reach the top anyways, but I wish I could've went further. I guess it wasn't so bad since the first time I tried it, I couldn't even go past the 3rd knot, but in my second try, after analysing how other people did it, I managed to get up to the 5th knot or something =). It wasn't half way, but at least I went past my previous record, so it's all okay. 

Once again, the strength of males fascinated me. With my own eyes, I saw Derek lift himself up 10 steps with only his fingers; I saw Nicholas climb a wall that I couldn't even jump onto; I saw Kenny challenge himself and climbed on the rock wall using only specific coloured rocks; and Edim's flexible will always fascinate and annoy me. Yes, I am envious of Edim for being so flexible because I want to be flexible myself. He have me a few pointers but it really depends if I'm motivated enough to use those pointers to help make myself more flexible. Speaking of males, Kelly and I saw Jason S. and Peter D. #2, along with people a grade above us, there as well. Apparently, it was also their first time too, like me =). We talked a bit before going our separate ways. They just came while we were leaving for lunch ^_^ oh wells.


That's Mimi (white), Nicholas(light blue) and I (dark blue) climbing =).


Many thanks to Kenny and Derek because we used their cars to get back to Cabramatta for lunch. For lunch, we ate at the Noodle House. It was a bit more expensive than your average Cabramatta restaurant, but I think it's worth it because the food taste better than the average Cabramatta restaurant. Seeing that Kelly was leaving to America in a couple of days, we decided to shout her the meal. *Sigh* another person leaving =(. So far, it's mostly been girls who're on vacation =S. I honestly wonder why. Anyways, I hope she has a great time and that she takes care of herself and her sister =). Hopefully, I'll get to see her again just because she leaves this Thursday. Well, we had nothing else to do after lunch/dinner so we all just went home =). I should stop typing now because my arms are killing me from yesterday T_T, so that's it for now =). Hopefully, I'll  be more consistent and on time with my blog posts next time =P.

PS. Many thanks to Andrew, Mimi's brother, for driving us to Villawood =).
PSS.Thanks to Hanh for the photos =).

No comments: