Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Monday 29 November 2010

thai-sation

Recently, I've been eating out a lot, either with family or with friends, and it's mostly been Thai food for a change. Last Saturday, Mum and I went to Mounties to celebrate an early Christmas dinner. Apparently, mum got a discount on dinner tickets fur playing table tennis at Mounties.Mum thought it was a buffet that's why she bought them, but it was actually a dinner where families and friends in table tennis sit together and eat =S. Since it was only my mum and I, I thought we will be sitting by ourselves. Luckily, mum's friends joined us because it would've been embarrassing if it was only us two sitting at a table for ~10 people =S. Though, I must admit, I did have the urge to just go home instead because I was the only young person on the table and I was getting lonely, but since mum has already paid for the tickets, it was okay. What they meant by buffet was the dinner was a buffet type. The food was okay; I mostly ate salads since I already earlier that day. I guess it wasn't so bad since I get to talk to senior who does/did nursing, like me =). That's one family dinner over and done with.

The next night, I had another family dinner for my cousin's birthday at this Thai restaurant called Yai. My cousin decided to change restaurants for a change of taste, or location, etc. Since majority of the family stop liking the Golden Seafood restaurant, I wonder if we'll continue changing restaurants for the rest of our dinners... Anyways I bought my cousin macaroons from Adriano Zumbo, a a famous French patisserie. Speaking of which, many thanks to Linh for driving me there the other day. We went to the one located at Rozelle. It was a completely different place there =S. Everything was more expensive, there were many dogs, many rich cars like BMX, and there was even a wedding horse carriage driving down the road! As expected from a rich area. Though, to be honest, the Vietnamese food that we tried wasn't as great at Cabramatta. Both the meat and rice as a bit too try for my liking. Maybe we just grew up in Cabramatta and just got used to the taste there =S. Anyways, back to the family dinner. The food was pretty nice though I think I'd like it better if it was more spicy. Unfortunately, I ate an entree that was made of chicken because my cousin ordered it for all of us to eat. Because it was inside the dumpling, it was kind of hard to remove the chicken without removing the entire filling. Though, I must say, it was delicious =D. I think it was one of the most delicious dishes I had all night. Since I don't usually eat Thai food, the food tasted different, in a good way, especially that dish with banana leaves, prawns and noodles in it; it tasted kind of exotic to me =). Anyways, overall, I had a pretty good evening with the family =).

Monday came, and I was out and about again. This time, I was out with friends. I went to Broadway to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows #1.I must say, the movie wasn't bad but i thought they added a bit too many irrelevant scenes and shorten scenes where they shouldn't have. Oh wells, I guess they had to since it was a pretty long book. I think I'd rate it a 7/10 overall. Watching the movie makes me want to read the book again, but I don't think I'm bothered to do so =P. Anyways, after the movie we went to eat at Newtown, at a Thai restaurant called Atom Thai. In my opinion, I thought the food here was better than the food at Yai. Maybe it was because of the food we ordered or the company of friends. Overall, the meal was quite delicious. My favourite dish of that night was the beef salad that we had first. I don't know if it was an entree or not, but it was really nice. We mostly ordered curry and shared it amongst everyone. Half the food was spicy because half of us liked to eat spicy - Thanh, Derek, Mimi, Hanh and I =D YAY for spicy food! It was kind of funny watch Derek ask the waiter if the chicken was free ranged because it seemed like the waiter didn't really understand English that well. Ah, that's okay because I've haven't been eating chicken for a while anyways, so it's okay if I didn't eat it for another night. The ice Thai tea that Hanh recommended was delicious! If there was another restaurant that had that, I'd order it again =D. Anyways, after dinner, we all went home since we didn't have anything else to do. Many thanks to Mimi's brother, Andrew, for driving me home =).


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows #1 official trailer.

PS. Farewell to Wendy because by now, she would be in Hong Kong with her family, enjoying herself =). I hope you have a great time and take care =D! Hope to see you soon! We'll miss you!!!
PSS. Thanks to Hanh for the photos =). 

No comments: