Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Tuesday 16 November 2010

when animals start roaming outside their areas

131110 - Puiyi 姐姐's Birthday.
151110 - William 哥哥's 34th Birthday.

On last Saturday, before heading to the zoo, we had yumcha at Cabramatta at around 9:30AM in the morning so we can eat earlier and go earlier. I haven't been to yumcha in a very long time. It was funny to see Linh ordering the same plate 4x's before she got sick of it LOL. Usually at yumcha, I barely see people order the same thing twice because people just eat a bit of everything that's on the menu or something. Oh! The coke bottles that they gave us was like the ones they used to use in the olden days except they were plastic and not glass. I actually wanted to take one home for memory =) but I don't think they would like that. Many thanks to Raymond for shouting us all yumcha =D!!!

Before going to the zoo, Linh went back home to pick up her cousin, Tammy, and her piano student, Lyn. Linh, Tammy, Lyn and I were in Linh's car, and Raymond and Anthony were in another car. The little girls were full dissing the boys about being losers and slow and that girls are smart ROFLS. I can't believe that I was like that before. I guess I still am like that, but not as much as the kids =D. I need to thank the person who invented GPS. My God. Life is made SO much easier with a GPS. I'd rather read a GPS than a map xD. We got to the Featherdale Wildlife Park within 30 - 45 mins.

I haven't been to any types of zoo for a couple of years so I was pretty excited =D. It was mostly Australian animals, besides a small area called the Farmyard and as you guessed it, there were farmyard animals, but I'll talk about it later. A couple of interesting things happened at the zoo. There were the male peacocks knock out - i guess they were fighting over for territory or something; the workers had to spray them with a hose to stop them from fighting any more. No, they don't actually have a hose at hand just to stop fights, they were washing out the animals' areas. I guess the peacocks didn't like water because they flew up onto the roofs of the shelters. I don't know if they continued fighting on the roof, but I didn't hear any aggressive sounds so I guess they didn't. They weren't the only ones who left their areas. Kangaroos, emus and the Albino peacocks also went jumping all over the place ahahah =D It was pretty cool actually. The Albino animals, the peacocks and wallabies, were really beautiful, especially the peacock =D I was so fascinated by it because it was my first time seeing one =D. I even saw one jumping on the wooden fence and jumping out of its area O_O.

I took a lot of photos of the animals, touched quite a few and fed some too. At first, I thought I saw a lady feeding the animals icecream. You're not suppose to do that because it's bad to feed animals human food; it can affect their appetites and can upset their stomachs. It was only later that I realised that you can actually buy animal feedings in a coin for $1. Of course, we all got a cone each and took this chance to feed the kangaroos and the emus. At first, we were afraid of feeding the emus because people have been telling us that they peck at us if we give them food - unintentionally, of course. So most of the time, we fed the kangaroos, but I wanted to feed the emu as well so i didn't really care about being pecked at. I think I'm kind of used to getting injured by animals anyways (cockatoos, dogs, cats, rabbits, etc.). Anyways, they weren't actually that scary at all =D. They may look huge and all, but their beaks are quite blunt and they don't have any teeth either. Everyone else joined it after me. There were two emus but i think one of them was more aggressive than the other. When I was standing next to one of the emus, another emu can along and just pecked my animal transport out of my hands. I squealed because it was all so sudden and out of nowhere =S. It continued pecking at it on the ground and I attempted to take it away from it. I guess it thought it was food since it was green. Oh! Although the exterior feathers are quite rough on the emus, if you touch underneath, it's actually quite soft. Oh, speaking of pecking, another small bird pecked at my leg when I was standing next to its cage lol. It must've been really hungry.

During lunch, everyone else had a hotdog while I just had an icecream because it was too hot to have hot food =S, in my opinion anyways. To kill time, we played that 'rule of the game' game and Anthony was the last one to get the rule hahaha =) It's a pretty fun game because it makes you think, but then you can get pretty frustrated but then you'll feel good if you know the rule and everyone else doesn't =P. After we finished the game, we went to watch the penguins and Tasmanian devils feeding sections and learnt a bit more about them. Our last stop was the Farmyard area and OMG... the animals there were HUGE O_O!!! The turkey, the pig, the goose, etc. were huge!!! I think the one that surprised me the most was the turkey. I swear, I had NO IDEA that a turkey can be so BIG!!! 

Anyways, it was until around 4:30PM that we started heading back. Many thanks to Linh for driving me home =). I had a blast =). I actually had dinner later that night, but I'll continue it on another blog post seeing that this blog post is pretty long already. Here are some photos I took at the zoo:

 Albino Peacock.
 Albino Wallaroo.
 Barking Owl - yes, it really does bark =D.
 Cape Barren Gooses.
 An eagle.
 A kangaroo.
 A kangaroo and its joey.
 Kookaburas.
 Some kind of bird that I do know because I forgot to find its sign with the name on it.
 Penguins and a Great Egret.
The Great Egret.
 Saltwater Crocodile - very big!
Look at this huge ass turkey O_O!!!
 I thought this looked funny =P This sign was at the parking lot outside.

No comments: