Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Tuesday 16 November 2010

when farewells don't seem like farewells

This is a continuation from my previous blog post =).

The dinner at Lianas' was a get-together-after-being-separated-for-so-long dinner and a temporary farewell dinner for Shirley, Kelly and Vicky, and Wendy too if she had been able to make it. Lianas' was an Italian cuisine restaurant where Derek made reservations for us, as well as getting us a 25% discount on the bill YAY =D. Many thanks Derek =).

To me, it honestly didn't feel like a farewell type of dinner because it wasn't like they'll be gone for too long. However, it was until after dinner that I found out that Shirley was actually going to Taiwan for her university course work experience for 6 months. All this time, I thought it she was going to go on a vacation with her family for a month, or two. I felt a bit sad to realise it so late and to know that she'll be gone for so long but, I'm also quite happy and excited for her for being about to have such an experience.

During the wait for our meals, we played some games like personality quizzes which led to some pretty interesting results *nudgenudgeEric,Thanh&Vickynudgenudge* AHAHAHA!!! Then we played another game during our meal, which was the ums... 'figure-out-the-rule game?' I actually don't know what the name of the game is. I must say, Shirley's rule was downright clever; she deserves a round of applause =). It took us a while to get but eventually, we got there =). I had an argument with Eric about who figured the rule out first. Eh, it doesn't really matter now lol, but I personally felt pretty happy about being able to be one of the first people to get such a hard rule =). Oh, a funny, repetitive incident occurred. When I was trying to get their attentions, I gently slammed my hand onto the table and instead of just listening to me, one after another, they put their hands on top of mine LOL!!! It's as though we were doing some kind of team cheer ahaha =D. 

I would rate the food about 8/10 =). I really liked the fettuccine and the risotto was pretty nice too. The risottos that I had before wasn't that good, but this one was pretty creamy =) though I thought the muscles were a bit hard. We also had a variety of pizzas and appetizers but because each person can only have one piece, I couldn't try the other types. I think the others now think I'm a bit picky with my food because I was like... I don't want seafood pizza, but it's okay with prawns, and I can't eat the chicken, unless it's free-ranged. Yeah... the seafood pancakes that Eric ordered me at Pancakes at the Rocks last time left me a bad impression =S. I prefer not to eat seafood with a Western dish. Seafood by itself or Eastern style seafood dishes are fine =D. Prawns' the only exception that I'll eat almost anything with =) kind of like mangoes =P. I think I should expand my palate to other types of food from other cultures, and not limit myself to just Asian food =). 

After dinner, everyone except for Shirley, who went home by car, went to the station. Though, only about half of us took the train and the other half got driven back home. We took a group photo just before we got to the station, courtesy to Derek's camera and a friendly stranger. It was a shame that Shirley wasn't there when we took it =(. We can always photoshop her in though =D. Not me, since I don't have the program not the skills to do it ^_^'. Many thanks to Vicky and her dad for driving me home =). 




To Shirley, Vicky, Kelly and Wendy, 

Have a LOVELY, FUN, EXCITING and SAFE trip. We'll all miss you guys heaps, so for our sake, have fun for us too =D!!! We'll always be there in spirit =D. When you guys come back, let's all go party =D. Shirley, 6 months is too long T_T but if you're having the time of your life, then keep going forward =D. I wish you the best with your work experience, and may you become a wiser and more experience lady once you get back =D. I'll wont say goodbye, because it's not like you guys will be gone forever, so instead, I'll say SEEYA =D!!! 

Much love, 
Fiona =).

PS. MY BAD! Apparently, Shirley's just going over Taiwan for 6 weeks, not six months ^_^'. 

No comments: