Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Tuesday 14 December 2010

dreaming about death

I know Asians tend to be quite illogical and ridiculous as times with their myths and fallacies, but as unlucky or superstitious as it sounds, with every rumor, there's a small percentile that it's true. Call it coincidence or supernatural, but there are people who do dream about other people or their own deaths. Kind of like how there are people who are capable of seeing ghosts. Call it pseudoscience or just being mentally challenged but sometimes, there are even things that science can't completely explain - just yet anyways. Yes, I am one of those people who are superstitious, or just mentally disturbed - either way, the definition's pretty close in my world. 

Just the other day, I went to visit a friend's dad at the hospital. He's a very friendly, nice person and every time I visited their house, he would warmly greet me back. On the way, my friend told me about the night before her dad suffered an attack so serious that he was sent to the hospital for some sort of operation. Apparently, her sister and her cousin both had a similar dream where they were subconscious, when they were actually asleep already, and that the heavy breathing of the father/uncle came closer to them. It got louder and louder and eventually, they felt something heavy on them. They couldn't scream even when they tried to, so they reached for the phone to try to call someone. And that's how their dream ended. Right after they woke up from their dreams, the father/uncle suffered an attack. The oldest sister suggested that it was their father/uncle sending out a message to them that he was about to die. The attack was so serious that even the doctors didn't think he could get pass to the next day. Luckily, he survived and it resting up at the hospital right now =). 

I told my mother about this and apparently, she had similar dreams about deaths of relatives as well. Every time when her relatives died, the few nights before she always had the same dream. It was a dream where her teeth feel out and that she was bleeding. Confused, I asked her isn't it normal for your mouth to bleed if teeth was falling about. According to her, in her dream, when she bleeds, it actually meant that a relative was going to die; if she doesn't bleed, it was okay. 

Luckily, I don't have those types of dreams because it would just be depressing to know someone close was going to die soon. I do have a couple of dreams that repeat every once in a while, but they're nothing like premonitions or whatever. Whether that's true or not, it's up to you to believe but being the superstitious person as I am, I think it's true, to a certain extent.

PS. Thanks to my friend, for driving me to the hospital her dad was in =).

No comments: