Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Thursday 12 March 2009

5 years from now

1OO3O9 - My Linh's 16th Birthday.

The sweet substance of vanilla latte slid down my throat as I glanced toward the graying sky. My companion, Katty, questioned me for my thoughts. I smiled in reply.

"I'm just wondering how, in 5 years time, although we'll be looking at the same sky we'll be far apart."

That's right. I told Katty I am afraid of the future; of what tomorrow will bring. Then we had few rhetorical questions about tomorrow and present (reference to the conversation in English class). I feel excited yet scared at the same time. I reminiscent about the few memories I had of my childhood, and then the tears and joy during adolescence. Another chapter of my life is about end, slowly slipping through my fingers, and there's nothing I can do about it. The only thing left is to make it a memorable, unregrettable one. One can describe this sentiment in such figurative concepts, however I yearn to hang onto my naivety as much as possible, even though I'm just a few strands away from another fall in my life. It's funny how I'm looking at the juniors, enjoying their immaturity and innocence while experiencing trepidation in the sight of seniors. It was only a few years ago when I was in that phase, but look at me now. In a few terms, I'll be graduating and doing the hardest test of my life. Sometimes, I feel so emotionally touched that I feel like letting all my fears, my hopes and my sentiments out. I know that day will come and that will be the day I graduate and a Canley Vale student of 'O9. Sometimes I couldn't help but smile at how time flies. In junior years, we were the one being afraid but now, as seniors, we're the ones getting agitated by the juniors. I now know how the seniors feel when we arrived at the campus. I don't think I'll want to change anything in my life. There may be a few things I want to change, but overall the things that occured made me who I am today, for better or for worse. Preferrably better, of course =P (I hope so anyways). Now, I'll just flow with the time, and do my best in drinking everything in. Smile =).

Watching Mamma Mia isn't really helping either because I'm listening to a meaningful song. It really is a touching movie. I'll continue this another, when I have even more to say.

PS. Thanks Katty for the chocolate marble bread, it was really tasty! And sorry for making you walk so far for your tutor!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting new layout!