Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Monday 25 April 2011

ANZAC Day Movie Marathon

23O411 - Minhky's 19th Birthday.

Happy ANZAC DAY Everyone=).
Let us remember those who have fought bravely in the war; let us respect the soldiers who made use of their courage to help their country; let us think fondly of those who kept the country safe. May they rest in peace.

To celebrate ANZAC Day, Thanh decided to hold a BBQ and movie marathon at his house. Since Mimi offered to drive me there, I was one of the people who arrived later to the house. Not wanting to be useless, I helped out with the preparations of the food. It wasn't much, but I tried. I still don't understand why we needed so many onions for ... I don't think we finished it =.= So much for slaving away at the stove to fry it for like 10 - 15 minutes =.='. Anyways, the food was great: the smash potato salad, with ham and herbs, was delicious, the brownies were yummy and the meat was juicy (even though half the time it was burnt pitch black ...)

 Washing the dishes was a mess... Well, actually I was the cause of it ^_^'. I wasn't used to the lack of space because my own sink was slightly bigger and I kept forgetting not to plug the drain *sigh*. My apologies to Kelvin, Maxine and Shirley. Shirley ended up cleaning the rest of the dishes while I went to blow dry my jumper and socks. Thanks Thanh, for letting me borrow your hair dryer =). The people who were waiting ended up playing pinball on the computer hahaha.

We ended up watching the movies inside the house, rather than outside against his neighbor's wall, because it got a bit too chilly. It got a bit crowded but it was warm =). We had Mimi's box of Favourites (chocolate variety), popcorn and some brownies. It was a shame that the jelly didn't set fast enough =(. 

The first movie we watched was Gnomeo and Juliet, directed by Kelly Asbury, with James McAvoy as Gnomeo and Emily Blunt as Juliet. The movie was your typical fairytale story; a parody of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Though, even though it's predictable, it still brought a smile upon my face; I'd choose a sappy, happy ending over a dramatic, sad ending any day =). I think I'd rate it a 7 out of 10 =).

The next one was The Notebook, directed by Nick Cassavetes, with Ryan Gosling as Noah and Rachel McAdams as Allie. It's a sweet and romantic movie, but if you add the guys' commentary to the mix, you get innuendos, hilarity and romance scenes becoming a joke. One word: ROFLMAOS !!! For example, during the scene where they taking their clothes off and were about to make love, the guys mentioned how disappointed the girl looked ROFLS! I knew what they were implying but I don't think that was what they were trying to act out. Even so, it was hilarious xD. Maxine, Mimi and I couldn't finish the movie off because of Mimi's brother's time restriction but I've watched the movie before. I remembered it was a sad movie but I didn't remember if I cried or not. Speaking of crying, Stephanie did end up crying a bit awww =). I think I'd rate this movie an 8 out of 10 =). 

For the rest of the ride home, we some how changed the topic from romance to ghosts. How that happened, I don't really know - oh wait, it was because we passed a 'ghost house' on the way home. Apparently, a truck drove into a house and killed a girl, and she was now haunting the house, but then a new family came in and they were suppressing her because they were people who dealt with voodoos and supernatural related issues. Or so they say anyways. But rather than feeling scared, I felt comfortable and okay with talking about it. We ended up laughing as well =). I think it was Nathan C.'s influence =). He believes in ghosts too but he managed to make me believe that not all ghosts are vengeful ones; they can be just nice, harmless ghosts with regret and that they may be observing people rather than planning to harm them. I'm quite grateful towards Nathan because if it wasn't for him, I'd still believe that all ghosts hold grudges. Watching Ghost Whisperer also helped me with my fear of ghosts =). Anyways, I also mentioned about my incidents when I was home alone; about My Linh's dream and me waking up in my dark house with the radio playing a ghost story. Anyways, many thanks to Andrew for driving me home and I hope they don't have nightmares tonight LOL!

No comments: