Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Monday 18 April 2011

making out with ox tongue

Or so Eric said =).

On Wednesday night, a small group of us (most UNSW students) went to celebrate Eric's birthday at Yummy Chinese BBQ at Central. Thanh and I were late. I thought it was fortunate that I waited for him at Lidcombe station because I was low on credit and travel with a friend is better than travelling by yourself =).

For $30 per person, with the exception of Eric since it was his birthday, we spent 2 hours eating our hearts out. Mimi and I were quite happy because there were quail eggs =D ! Though quail eggs are higher in cholestral than chicken eggs ... Apparently, Jenifer wasn't really a meat eater so I felt a bit bad for her since there weren't many vegetable side dishes =/. I also think I ate chicken since I'm hopeless at distinguishing one meat from another ahaha... well, like Vicky said 'what you don't know won't hurt you,' =D. Anyways, from what I remembered, we tried pork belly, pork intestine, ox tongue, crab meat, chicken gizzard (I really don't know what it is, nor do I remember eating it), ox back, prawns, chicken wings, frankfurt kebab sticks and many more. LOL there were a lot of insinuations about the ox tongue, eg. the title of my blog post.

Derek, Kenny and Stanley came by when we were about to cut the cake. I was quite content that most of the desserts were mango flavoured =D though, I must say that the pudding didn't really taste like mango. Anyways, the cake was a Michel's Patisserie cheesecake. I think it was some sort of berry flavour. It was funny watching Eric blow out the candle again after Thanh relit them, saying that the wish didn't come true. I'm assuming that they were implying that Vicky was still there LOL that was mean of them. I'm not a huge fan of cheesecake and in all honesty, I don't think I should eat anything dairy when I'm extremely full, and I was getting quite full =S. Either, I managed to finish my piece of the cake. 



They going to karaoke after dinner but I couldn't join them seeing that I had an assignment due soon and I had no ride back. Derek and Sarah joined me. Although Sarah took another line from us, fortunately Derek took the same line as me so I wasn't as lonely. My mum was extremely annoyed with me when I got back *sigh* I just kept quite for the rest of the ride back. Oh wells, like she said, either I find a ride home with I was go to home late or go home early if I wanted her to pick me up *sigh*.

PS. It was funny that Thanh was the only one who noticed the half naked portrait of a lady on the while, and after he pointed it out, we all automatically turn to look at it LOL.
PSS. Thanks Sarah for the photos =).
PSSS. I heard Jenifer was as good as Taylor Swift *gasps* !!! Whoa =D !!! I wish I was there to hear it =D.

No comments: