Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Thursday 22 July 2010

new worlds and superstitions

Ah! What another late blog xD Sorry everyone! Anyways, a week ago, Edim had an extremely late birthday outing to the city. The plan was to watch 'Karate Kid,' eat and then the kiddies roam free to do whatever they want. Tardy old me couldn't make it to the movies *sigh*, so I joined them for lunch instead =). 

Since I didn't watch the movie, I can't comment much about it but according to the others, there seemed to be mix messages. Some liked it, others were indifferent and the rest thought it was really bad and somewhat disappointing. Hmms, I guess the title kind of gave away the disappointment. Afterall, it's not Karate Kid anymore if the movie's located in China; many believe that it should be called 'Kungfu Kid' instead. 

Lunch was at the food court beneath Townhall station. I had curry and dessert was Susan's vegan chocolate bars and cookies =D. We pretty much sat there, chatting and stealing food from one another. Edim received a lot of sweets as gifts from girls =). Lee Ching, Edim's friend, even bought chocolate from Switzerland just for Edim =D. Or maybe she just had some left over or something .. xD just joking! But lucky Edim, Switzerland is famous for their chocolate =D. I mean, the famous Lindt originated from there after all =D.

Speaking of chocolate, while walking back from our trip to Circular Quay, Susan and I were left behind for talking too much. But it was okay because I had fun exploring the city with her =). We even found a chocolate story called 'Haigh's Chocolates!' I never even knew such a place existed =D. It's actually a pretty sophisticated and expensive shop; a small box of champagne truffles was ~ $7 !!! Then again, there IS alcohol in it... Anyways, I bought a small bag of assorted fruit drops and 2 bars of Macadamia crunch. The assorted fruit drops reminded me of those lollies I had in primary school. They were fruit drops covered in white sugary powder and packaged in a flat, cylinder tin. I asked many of my friends if they remembered that confectionery, but barely anyone remembered =/. It's quite a shame really, because it was really delicious and sweet.


Oh, before I forget, Susan and I never got to buy a scratchy when we turned 18th so we thought we'd buy one that day. The cost of scratchies went up by 10 cents =/ they used to be $1. Apparently, it was good luck to scratch with a gold coin. I guess the superstition's kind of true. Susan scratched hers with a 5 cents coin, because she didn't have a spare gold coin, and she won nothing. I scratched mine with a $2 coin and I won a free scratchy ticket =D. I know it's nothing, but hey! It's better than nothing right?

No comments: