Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Wednesday 7 July 2010

angry birds and big spiders

On the last Saturday of June, we had a family dinner at out usual restaurant, the Golden Seafood Restaurant.To be honest, I thought the food was a bit disappointing, though it didn't really matter. I was having more fun enjoying the company of my family and playing 'Angry Birds' with my cousin on his i-Touch. It was such an addictive game. We were so into it that my other cousin, Marina, had to tell us off for playing games during dinner time. I guess she was right because, after all, it was a celebration dinner for my Aunt's birthday. 

After the celebration dinner, my mum and I followed Marina and her boyfriend, Andrew, back to her car to be driven back to William's new apartment. Apparently, Andrew's  the son of a family friend from Melbourne. Years ago, when we were going to Tasmania, we stopped at their house for a couple of days. According to Marina and Andrew, I used to follow them around, asking them to play with me. I don't remember that. The only think I remember was the family dog and a young chubby boy. I don't remember the boy's face though. Well, the chubby boy turned out to be Andrew. It was odd to see him again, out of the blues and all. Not bad, just odd =P. 

I digressed. William followed the rest of the family back to my Aunt's car to drive them back to his apartment. At first I thought he bought a new 'house.' It was actually an apartment and there was only one room on the top level O_o. Yes, odd right? The rest of his house was downstairs. Marina was living with him, so her room was downstairs as well. Hector had his own dog house on the balcony. Spoiled dog >.<. Apparently, he was left outside when my cousins went to work, but slept with William at night. It seems like he was still adapting to his new home because he didn't bark at us when we entered, like he usually do. He didn't run around as much either. It was a nice change to have a quiet Hector for once =).

His taste in furniture was quite good, and with Marina's sense of style, they decorated the apartment with a contemporary sense of  design. I especially liked the decorative tree with pinned up photographs of France. There were still a bit more packing up to do, but at least the place's clean, thanks to Auntie. After William bought the apartment, Aunt stayed over o clean stuff out from both the old and new apartment. To be honest, I like the old apartment better because it's smaller. Then again, the technology at the new apartment does fascinate me. There was this cupboard where when you open it, the lights will ope, but when you close it the lights will close. I know because I was left inside =P. Don't worry, there was plenty of room =).  

So after about an hour of complimenting and checking out the apartment, it was finally time to go. This time, I was left with Marina and Andrew while my mum left with the rest of the family. We were going to meet up at the petrol station at Broadway see that my Aunt will know her way back home. Just after we drove out of the parking lot, Andrew started swearing and Marina started .. whimpering? I didn't know what was going on but Marina began to move to the backseat, where I was, so that Andrew can get out of the car from the driver's side. Apparently, there was a huge brown spider hiding in the gap of the window side and it decided to come out after all this time. Andrew went out to kill it. I saw him killing it, but I didn't see the spider. Better that I didn't anyways. I'm not a huge fan of spiders. While inside, I had a good time scaring Marina LOL! Maybe I shouldn't have because after the incident, Marina didn't speak for the rest of the trip... It was still hilarious though =P. I didn't realise she was this scared of spiders. When we met up again and I left to the other car, the family saw me smiling and giggling. I told them about it and they laughed as well. They also told me that both William and Marina were extremely afraid of spiders (arachnophobia). Ah, I should've known. The animal encyclopedia books that they used to give me had the spider pages clipped together. It's been a while since I enjoyed family dinners this much =).

No comments: