Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Sunday 10 May 2009

how DOES she do it?

It's Mother's Day today, but it'll be other in another half an hour, so I better make this quick. The common thread that holds my mother and I together is that I have her D.N.A running through my veins and hence, I believed that it is just her duty to look after me and it is just an obligation to love me since I'm her daughter. My perception has not changed, however it have been bent a bit. It's been almost 18 years that we've been living together, and in just the last 6 years, and more, that we've been residing together. It makes me laugh every time I ponder about the times we've put up with each other - our flaws, our bad habits, our painfully similar perceptions and attitudes, etc. Yes, I am her daughter and she has her legal and traditional responsibilities over me. That's what I used to think it was all about. I stand corrected. I may not be a mother myself, but I can see how much she's changed to become a better mother, how much burden she's bothered to keep on her shoulders, how much dread and disappointment she endured because of me, and how much selfishness she put up with. For putting up with me mum, I thank you. I admit, I wasn't proud of her before nor did I think about her much - she was just someone I respect for bringing me to life, and looking after me all these years. If you asked me that question again now, about who my mum is to me, I would give you a different answer. This is how I would answer:

The bond between my mother and I was the kind which needed a lot of work and time in order for it to be strong and long lasting. Times been tough but the person I see my mother as is a person I've learn to deeply love, deeply respect, deeply appreciate and deeply proud of. She may not be a super mum, who works day in and day out to feed the children, not is she the kind who's out there saving others but I can guarantee you that she is lovable. She is one of the least selfish people I know, and she has a heart of silver gold. It isn't gold for she isn't saving strangers, but she empathises and tries to help to the best of her ability. It isn't silver because she deserves more than that. She is the purest form of jewelery there is, nothing less. She amazes me, that's why I love her, and always will.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MUM!


The most recent picture I could find (2OO8).

No comments: