Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Friday 15 May 2009

looking for Richard III

15O5O9 - Eric T.'s 17th Birthday.

No, I don't mean the movie/documentary 'Looking for Richard III' but as in literally looking for 'Richard III - the play' since Mr. Mckenzie led us the wrong way to the theater and hence, making us take the long way to the theater when it was suppose to be a 10 minutes walk. We started from Redfern, and we actually went up to McDonald Town! First, we waited for another 30 mintues for the train because we had to miss the initial one due to the people who were tardy and THEN we have to walk another 30 minutes just to get to the theatre (Mr. Mackenzie's fault - the funny thing was that he denied it. Typical of men... ROFLS!). It wasn't such a bad walk sicne the weather was so nice and warm, and there were quite a lot of dogs around on a walk with their owners =D so that made me happy. We made it to the theatre but we missed the first couple of scenes. That's okay since we've already read and analysed those scenes in class. The play, from CarriageWorks, was staged at Siren Theatre Co and is a MAKEbeLIVE productions which is directed and produced by Kate Gaul, co-producer is Clara Iaccarino. These were the actors and their roles in the play:
  1. Thomas Campbell - Richard
  2. Holly Austin - Lady Anne, Tyrell, Daughter of Clarence, Son of York, Prince of Wales
  3. Robert Jago - Rivers, Murderer, Stanley, Richmond
  4. Genevieve Mooy - Queen Margaret, Catesby, Duchess of York
  5. Catherine Terracini - Queen Elizabeth, Hastings
  6. Anthony Weir - Clarence, King Edward, Buckingham
The performance was quite entertaining in the sense of bringing black humour, irony and great acting on stage. I like Holly Austin and Thomas Campbell because both played excellently in their roles, but I think it's mostly because of the humour. Thomas Campbell is a really good actor in the sense of bring Richard alive on stage. Amazingly and conveniently enough, his left hand was already amputated off, which was appropriate for the play. They were all quite amazing and did a great job =). Majority of these actors were from N.I.D.A (the prestine college for performing arts of Australia), so they were pretty elite. For more information on the productions, visit this blogsite =). For a proper theare review on the play, read from this website. Below is a tralier of the play:



The most memorable part of the excursion was when the emergency bell went off ROFLMAOS! I think majority of the people thought it was actully part of the play until the words 'emergency' and 'please evacuate' rang out that we realised it was NOT part of the play. Amazingly enough, we were more surprise than panicky or frightened. I guess it was because we couldn't believe 'our luck' LOL! Now, the most memorable part of the play, for me, was the part where Richmond came out behind the curtains with the lights shining behind him. This scene just reminded us various movie scenes, e.g. The Terminator, alien related movies, etc. After the play, we obviously learnt our lesson and took the 'short-cut' back. At 2:30PM we were let off and BOY was I starving xO LOL!


PS. Ivana sure is a funny one LOL!

No comments: