Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Saturday 31 January 2009

our years differ

26O1O9 - Julie P.'s 17th Birthday.

So another year at high school again. Oh sorry, let me rephrase that again. It's our LAST year in high school. *sigh* Quite depressing really, yet exciting at the same time, you know, being the oldest grade, have the most responsibilities, being the top priorities to the teachers and etc. It's strange looking at the year seven, how they always make the same mistake where they hang around the front of the school, for a week or so, and then get scold and be sent into the quadrangle. *cough* Actually, that happened to us too, for hanging around the girls' senior toilets in the morning *coughcough* Whatever. LOL!

I digress. It was a busy week for me, and I'm pretty sure it was a pretty busy week for everyone else. On Monday, it was Australia Day and Chinese New Year. I was obliged to visit a festival, in Merrylands, for Australia Day and observe the activities of a sound manager. We, the volunteers, were giving privilege to go backstage and watch the band play. We managed to differentiate the sound frequencies between the front house speakers and the monitor speakers (speakers for audiences and speakers for the band). My senses tingle at the sight of ponies and horses, making me yearn for a ride on them, even if I was 5 years above the age of what you would consider as 'child' and weighed 40 kgs at that time. Alas, my mother preferred us to leave, to reduce the risk of receiving 'bad luck' during the event, since it was CNY and all. You know, CNY actually last for 15 days, but since we're in Australia, it only last for one day; but for the Asians who live here, they celebrate it for at least a week. That's why, even today, there were lion dances, fireworks and performances for CNY. Oh yeah! Julie P.'s birthday is on the same day as Australia day. I wonder if that's a good thing or not? But she's extra lucky this year, since CNY was on the same day too!

Another day passed; it was Tuesday. I had a meeting with the TAME leaders (from the Bring It On festival). There were some trouble since the room wasn't initially booked, so we had to wait for the coordinators to fix it. I guess we weren't being such a library-loving group due to the noise pollution we created upstairs, so we faced the consequences of getting kicked out of that area. Oh wells. I think most librarians can be so grouchy and sensitive O_o. Anyways, our meeting last about two hours before it adjourned. I got to meet the other leaders of TAME, which was cool! It is such a small world, don't you think?

I welcome you, Wednesday morning. Yes, the day we go back to school. Amazingly enough, I woke up before my mum did. I think it was because my bad habits I inhabited during the holidays. It's amazing what 6 weeks of holidays can do to you. Alas, I had morning classes that day, so I arrived early to school. Funny enough, only 5 other students were there, with me, for the class. That's okay =). I was grateful to see everyone again, especially the ones that were on vacation during the holidays. Julie and Kelly were generous enough to get souverneirs for us. MWAHAHAHA I guess I was greedy with the cookie AND the keychain xP. I couldn't help it! One was a short-term souverneir, and the other was a long-term one. HEHEHE! Kelly's one was much more natural and thoughtful =D. She actually gathered dead sea coral for us! How sweet is that? Yes, it almost seemed like we never were on holidays actually. I'm quite okay with my timetable because I have a free period on the last period on Friday, and we get to go home! How awesome is that?! I know it's not as good as going home early as a Tuesday afternoon, but it's good enough for me =).

The next few days were filled with work, work and more work. Oh, we got some of our assessments back, and we learnt that there isn't going to be half yearlies for Biology or Chemistry. Rather, they are going to make us have heaps of topic tests, even after the trials. Oh wells. I feel 'emotionally stress' already within the first few days of school! It's only the first week of the year God damnit! Kelly and I volunteered to help fund raise for Valentines Day, which is coming up. *shivers* Couples domination I tell ya! Couples domination! Think about all those single, lonely hearts out there! Think about me! ROFLS! I'm fine =). Ngeh, who needs to be attached LOL! Oh yeah! Let me tell you about the school canteen! It's cheap. It's healthy. It has a wide variety of food. Besides the slightly slow paying part, it's awesome! I guess the lunch ladies just need to get use to the register =). I wonder if they would have a different culture food for each month or something. It would be so authentic then! Oh, they have new buildings in F block. Some of the year 12s were thinking it was quite stupid how they demolished the building in F block years ago, and then make 2 new ones now. Oh wells. I guess it was because the one, years ago, was an art room and not a lecture room. These changes actually make the school a better place. Just a little bit =).

Initially, we were thinking of making a cake, but misunderstandings and events occur, so we're delaying it to next week... again! Titan and I rendezvoused at Cabramatta and watched Zak, and his crew, perform lion dances, and how they competed with the other team. We did a bit of shopping ourselves, too. It got pretty tired, and we got hungry, so we ate at the Sushi Bar. We had trouble finding Zak the second time, and ended sitting at the corner of John Street, waiting for him to pop up sometime. Of course, we managed to meet up with him again. Then we caught the bus home, and went to Titan's house. We made a trip to Officeworks, and then I got driven home, by Titan's mother. What a tiring day, but it was fun! We bumped into a lot of people today like Katty, Tracey, Raymond, Tu and Henry. I don't remember who else we saw, but sorry if I didn't mention you xO!

That's enough from me now! It's a week's worth of events! TOODLES!

No comments: