Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Tuesday 20 January 2009

life's a joke

19O1O9 - Nelson's 18th Birthday.
19O1O9 - Shirley C.'s 17th Birthday.

No matter how many times I watch 'The Dark Knight' I'll never get sick of it. The surrealism and excellence in Heath Ledger's dynamic performances will never cease to amaze me. His objective role was to bring the joker to life, and he did with great brilliance from his acting skills. Of course, the movie didn't receive a rating of 9/1O due to only the actors' performances; the storyline, itself, is a mind-consuming, heart-stopping, breath-taking exhilarating and lethargic complex in the perceptions of the audiences. Christopher Nolan, the director, did a superb job with the framework of the movie and completely deserves a standing ovation. Even now, 'why so serious' still aimlessly reaches the population's ears, leaving an electrifying reminder of that specific movie, Heath Ledger's last movie before he decided to watch Hollywood's continuous movie-makings and sudden stardom of new actors from afar. He will always be an unforgettable, Australian-born actor.

In saying that, when Jeffrey and I watched it again, I still felt that same exhilarating sensations I had when I first watched it with Sarah and Reuben. Of course, we could've watched a movie which we both haven't watched before, but since I forgot that I've watched the movie already, for I have forgotten which Batman movie it was, I answered with a 'no, I haven't watch it yet,' when, obviously, I did. Not that I mind watching it again, anyways =).

After 2 hours of action and drama, we arrived at Maccas, where friends of Jeffrey were temporarily dwelling there. But that's okay, for I was acquainted with two of them: Susan and Matt. It was also my rendezvous with Shirley and Patrick, who were celebrating Shirley's birthday alone. After a small talk, we went our separate ways.

Me and Shirley (the birthday girl).

Before we went any further, we had a coffee break. It was the first time I've ever ordered from Starbucks, and let me tell you this: never in my life have I ever had such bitter coffee before! Even with 7 packets of white sugar didn't do the trick! Jeffrey said I was destroying the coffee, but I barely made a dent in the flavouring in the bitter concoction! So, I have a sweet tooth, but HE has an absolute bitter one! We made a comparison between tea and coffee, and I high believe TEA will always taste good, even if it IS bitter, depending on what type of tea it is. Then again, I doubt tea would ever be bitter in the first place.

After searching through a couple of shops for a 'subtitled My Lucky Star,' we still couldn't find one. So, we decided to loiter around Kinokuniya until around 4PM, when Jeffrey had to leave. I guess, after our bickering and random meetings with acquaintances, the day wasn't so bad. I mean, I think I'll be stuck out home again if I didn't go out yesterday. Yelps, at least I kind of started my holiday homework ... xD !

That's it for now people! Adieu!

PS. I saw Lin going to work, at Parramatta, while I was on the way to the City! I wish I had work, just like her xO!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!! I know someone who looks like your friend Shirly. Her name is Mary. lololol

just another story said...

really?? did you know that in the entire world, there are 4-5 other people that will look exactly like you but aren't related? i heard that from somewhere rofls! it'll be like seeing a doppelganger in a way xD