Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Saturday 24 January 2009

sinful humour

23O1O9 - Cathleen's 17th Birthday.

This blog will be emitting a humorous, positive connotation, and not a serious one, although I'll be talking about the seven deadly sins for half the time. You must be wondering why I'm even mentioning about it anyway. Who knows, maybe I'm suffering from one... duh! *homer moment* Everyone suffers from a sin every once in a while. It's almost inhumane to not experience the sensation of being sinful.

To start off, I just came back from a family dinner, as a post-celebration for the Chinese New Year. It's obvious that restaurants, and those alike, will be extremely busy on that day. Hence, we've decided to celebrate it earlier for the sake of the restaurant's, and ours, convenience. We've made the 'Golden City' restaurant a bit more profitable for deciding to dine there this evening. Lucky them hehehe! Anyways, today we seemed to have ordered more than we could eat. We welcome you plastic boxes, and the lot. I didn't really thought we needed a plastic bag, but then again as if we've purposely brought a bigger bag JUST to fit the left overs in. Frankly, I actually thought my appetite for the day was quite... bland. My cousin thought otherwise. Their grandma as commented on how 'heavy' I was getting; I'm 40 kilograms. Now I know how Jenny feels when she had, and still does, trouble with gaining weight xO! I curse you, fast metabolism! This is where the sins come in. During the road trip, in Edmund's car (cousin Marina's boyfriend), they started to talk about movies, and something about sins. This is what I remembered from the conversation:

Marina: aslkdfjalsdfj food alsdkj;fkladjf greedy asdjfa;sdkfj
Edmund: a;skjdf;asdj you mean gluttony? asdkj;ladsjf; money al;kjfaldjsf business al;skjdf;ajdsf greed.
Marina: a;lskjf;asjdf yeah akjd;lfajsdfj.
Edmund: ajsdl;fasdjf what about a threesome asdfja;lsdjf.
Fiona: Are you talking about the seven sins?
Edmund: Yeah, the seven deadly sins, although I can't name all of them. Lust, gluttony ...
Marina: Greed alsdkjfa;sldjf alsdkfj;lasfj
Edmund: aksdf;ajf how is it a sin? Yeah the devil's slouching on the couch with maccas in his hand. "This is so sinful!" *insert pretendence of holding a burger and eating it*
Marina: ;aldjf;ladjsf yeah! a;kjfa;sdfj It's not always about sex/lust and stuff aklsdjfa;lsdfj. Hey, what would you call about being wasteful? I mean, I don't think it's called that.
Edmund: Yeah asdkf;adsfja;j.
Fiona in the background, laughing her head off. The conversation continues on.


3 hours later...

Fiona: You know that maccas thing that Edmund said? I still find that funny!
Fiona and Marina laughs.


Yeah, I know. I'm a sad person to be still laughing from a 3 hour old joke. But it was funny! Now that's done, I became curious and did some little research on the seven deadly sins. This is what I discovered:

The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices and cardinal sins, werea classification of the most objectionable vices, originally used in early Christian teachings to educate and instruct followers regarding immoral man's tendency to sin. The seven sins are: lust (luxuria), gluttony (gula), greed (avaritia), sloth (acedia), wrath (ira), envy (invidia) and pride (superbia). According to the Catholic Church, a sin was either venial, which are considerably minor, and could be forgiven through any sacramentals of the church, or mortal, which is the more severe capital. The mnemonic SALIGIA was created from the first letter of each sin's latin name. The contemporary notion of Seven Deadly Sins in linked to the achievements of the 4th Century monk, Evagrius Ponticus, who listed eight 'evil thoughts': gluttony, fornication, avarice, sorrow, anger, discouragement, vainglory and pride. Refoule, in 1967, had analysised the thoughts, but later in 59O AD, it was Pope Gregory I (alias Pope Gregory the Great) who modified the list to form the common 'seven deadly sins.'

Would you look at that? You sure learn something new everyday =). Isn't life fun? *sarcasm* Nah, generally and usually, life is fun =). Life's too short to NOT have fun =).

Toodles everyone! For now anyways =).

No comments: