Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Wednesday 20 July 2011

let's tail an L plater, shall we?

After having my first driving lesson with a driving instructor last Wednesday, mum decided to take me to Ingleburn on Thursday to learn how to get there and understand the geography of the area and the the possible driving routes I may have to take for my driving test. Yes, I'm talking my driving test at Ingleburn. Why so far? That's because all my friends that have been there for their P test all said it was easy to pass. I pray to God that they're right about this >.<. It took us an hour to get to Ingleburn from our place, when it's supposed to only take about 30 - 34 minutes. It also literally took us 1/2 look for the RTA after getting there ... the shopping district there was definitely a maze and the RTA itself was small. It wasn't like the Whetherill Park RTA or the Fairfield RTA. Oh no, it was the size of a small business shop, stuck between a pub and a shop... How were we suppose to find something that small when we were expecting something big like Fairfield's RTA?!

It wasn't enough to just get there and find the RTA. No, mum wanted more. She made me wait for an L license kid to take their driving test and then tail them just to see the types of route one would take if they were getting tested there. It was embarrassing. Downright embarrassing. Mortifying, even. But I couldn't say no. As outrageous and ridiculous the plan sounded, she was right. I didn't know the area, so it was only fair that I should drive around to see how I might be tested. It still didn't stop me feeling embarrassed though. Also, there were barely any cars around because it was school holidays, so it was extremely obvious that we were following them >.<. Now that I think about it, I also felt bad for the kid because if I were them, I'd freak out if I knew someone was tailing me during my test. Then again, I guess it wasn't so bad since it should be obvious what I was doing, seeing I'm also an L plater too lol. Though, halfway through the test, I really wanted to stop. Unfortunately, if I did, we wouldn't know how to get back. We didn't know our way around there after all. They actually even drove over to Minto for their test route =S. After around 30 minutes later, we got back to Ingleburn (Thank God!). Mum finally decided to go home.

Unfortunately, mum accidentally pointed to the wrong direction and sent me down to M5 highway instead... The maximum speed was 110km/hr and I was only allowed to drive 80km/hr. Seeing how risky it was, mum told me to stop on the side to let her drive instead. Hence, mum drove all the way home. I was grateful for that because after driving for a couple of hours straight can be quite tiring. It wasn't the driving that made me tired, it was the arguments about the directions with mum that made it tiring, and I was also getting cranky and hot from the temperature inside the car. What a day!

No comments: