Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Sunday 28 February 2010

O-week

23O21O - Danny K.'s 17th Birthday.
25O21O - Jenny K.'s 18th Birthday.
27O21O - Amy H.'s 20th Birthday.

Monday: It was my 2nd last bridging course and Kevin was nice enough to give me a tour of the university after class =). I had a fun time exploring the place though I preferred a cooler weather than a sunny 29 degrees Celsius. 

After the tour, Kevin taught me how to play pool =D After an hour's worth of games, although Kevin wasn't the best pool player, versing against an amateur like me guaranteed him the wins of every game we played =P. It was a pretty fun day overall, so thanks Kevin for the tour and the game =).

Tuesday: YAY! My completion of my bridging course was rewarded with a certificate... and a survey. It was okay because class was an hour sort and the survey didn't take that long to finish =). 

My next destination was my Nursing and Midwifrey faculty welcoming. I was an hour late, but the welcoming only lasted for 2 hours rather than the said 5 hours O_o. There I met up with Rebecca and I also discovered that Henry L. Tran was also doing the same course as me =D! YAY! I have a friend in my course =D! I don't think our timetable will be the same, but at least we're doing the same course together =D. Also, hopefully for next year's clinical nursing practices, I'll be able to adjust my timetable around to be in the same classes with Rebecca =D! 

After the welcoming, Rebecca and I head off to the city to have lunch at Pepper Lunch before meeting up with Karen and Mimi at Kinokuniya. As we left the place, Mimi and I decided to go home while Karen and Rebecca decided to go karaoke. Another day over.

Wednesday: I know USYD's o-week was starting today, but I went to UNSW's o-week instead with Vicky, Eric and Julian instead =P. We missed the amazing race activity so we went on a tour around the campus instead =). I'm sure the amazing race would've been a really fun activity but I had fun playing the games/activities provided by the tour guides, so I guess it wasn't so bad missing out the race =). I must say, the freebies of UNSW is WAY better than USYD any day >=) Why? Free food. 
It's funny how you ask the most questions when you're not even going here. - Vicky Fong.
Yes, I wonder too. The UNSW volunteer students kept asking me what course am I doing. I know it's a typical question to be answered by a UNSW student - but I'm NOT a UNSW student. So it always end up like this:

UNSW volunteer student: So, what course are you doing?
Fiona: Oh, I don't go here.
UNSW volunteer student: Oh, okay. What uni are you going to then?
Fiona: USYD. UNSW doesn't provide the course I'm doing.
UNSW volunteer student: Really? What course is that?
 Fiona: Nursing, so yeah ...
UNSW volunteer student: Oh, that's a shame ...  

 It always ended up with something along the lines of 'it's a shame that you can't go here.' Honestly, in junior years, I've always wanted to go to UNSW because both my cousins went there, but I thought it through. Just because they went doesn't mean I have to go there as well. Besides, the architecture of USYD captured my attention =P. It MAY be a silly reason to choose USYD but who cares. Here I am, a USYD student.

It was also nice seeing Nathan and Wilson =D. They were handing out V.I.P cards for Verandah Bar GAH! I should've done that too xO!!! I need to try harder with this promoting thing =_=!

Thursday: After experiencing a day of UNSW o-week, it's only right to experience my own uni's o-week as well. I met up with Kelly and we both went exploring =). I joined Access and got a free show bag =D. Luckily for Kelly, Kevin gave me his show bag token when he renewed his, so Kelly got a free show bag as well even though she didn't join Access =P. NO FREE FOOD >=( !!! But they provided Coke Zero. I still would've preferred food over drink. 

Anyways, because I joined Access, I was able to join the uni clubs/societies as well =D! There were so many that I wanted to join but I didn't have enough money on me to pay for the membership fee. Hence, I was only able to join 2 clubs: SU Anime Society and Animal Welfare Society. Besides, I don't think I would've been able to go to all the club meetings if I joined to many. 

We saw Vincent, Matthew and Tu around. Apparently, Tu and Matthew were also going to USYD as well =D YAY! More USYD friends =D. Oh, speaking of friends, I made a new friend, Danny, who used to go to Kelly's tutor =) YAY! Another friend =). Everything else was just freebie collecting and scabbing food from the free BBQs =).

Friday: Got tired of uni, so I stayed home instead =).

Saturday: Yesterday really wasn't my day =.=. My optometrist was out for lunch when I went there to get my glasses and I couldn't wait for them to come back because I had to catch the bus to Bankstown. Yes, which means there was track work that day as well =.=. Another thing was that the post office was closed >=( which means I couldn't ask them to check for my student ID tracking number xO!!! Uni's about to start and I STILL don't have my student ID! It's been about a month, or more, since I enrolled GRRR! I feel so angry! 

Anyways, so why did Kelly and I need to go to Bankstown? It's because we were going for a job interview for Le Warp. Hopefully, we'll get the job. I feel like I signed away my social life when I wrote my name down... Yes, I know I've been searching for a job for months but since uni is going to start, my weekends will be my only free days to just relax or to see my high school friends. If I work on those days, my free time will be reduced to next to nothing *sigh*. I shouldn't worry =) I shall find a way to work around it. Besides, it's not definite that I'll get the job anyways. Still, wish me luck anyways =). 

No comments: