Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Friday 25 July 2008

hello & goodbye Pope Benedict XVI

You know, the holidays were pretty busy, for the second week anyways. For the first week, all I've been doing was playing Maple Story and calling up EMG to ask about work for WYD. Finally on Monday, they sent me my roster. Hence, for the second week I've been working at Barangaroo and Randwick for WYD.

On Thursday, I got to see the POPE! Well, technically, I saw him on TV where he was located. I couldn't see him properly with such a big crowd. I regretted not bringing my camera but I was afraid that someone would steal it. However, I DID see the POPEMOBIL! YIPPEE! I think it was also on Thursday that Leonora and I took the train home while the others tried to watch ' The Dark Knight' when it was first out, at IMAX. Unfortunately, the tickets got all sold out. Oh yeah! We had to walk the long way, with the pilgrims, and we had no idea why! Anyways, we met these two volunteer guys on the train as well and Leonora was happily chatting with this old man. We were all laughing and joking around. Strange enough, the old guy pretended to pick me up O_o' dot dot dot? I just laughed it off. Of course he was joking, he was a father to a 12 year old girl and a husband for God knows how many years. LOL! Anyways, the younger man took the keyring that Leonora supposedly 'borrowed' from the shop. LOL! It was still fun. I was a bit nervous around the two guys when Leonora had to leave me, but I was fine LOL!

Anyways, I didn't work on Friday because I didn't have any shifts that day, though some of my workmates went anyways for the sake of being paid LOL! So, on that day I went down to Bondi Junction and Jeffrey and I watched Mamma Mia with his family and her friend. Mammia Mia was pretty funny to watch! My mum actually wanted to watch i
t. Oh wells. I offered to watch it with her again but she didn't want to waste any more money.

On Saturday and Sunday, I worked at Randwick race course. It was the communion event, or something like that. It got pretty busy, no wonder we got paid time and a half. Some people actually slept over in the tents! I wouldn't have been able to handle the cold. On Saturday night, Reuben, Sarah and I went to Market City to watch 'The Dark Knight.' Let me tell you, it was AWESOME! I would rate it 9/10! I screamed a bit in some parts but overall, it was FANTASTIC! MAGNIFICENT! EXCELLENT! BRILLIANT! If you can think of any other words that can replace with the words above, please feel free to add it in because it was so good that there's no words to describe it! Heath Ledger was such a GREAT actor in the movie! He played the Joker. Compared to Batman, he seemed to have more attention than him LOL! How unfortunate that we lost him ... I guess there's not going to be a sequel to the movie... unless they decide to replace him. HOW CAN ANYONE REPLACE HEATH LEDGER IN THAT MOVIE?! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!! However, we missed out the last 5 minutes of the movie because we had to take Reuben back to the station because he didn't know how to get back and his last bus was about to come soon. I guess it was a good thing too, it was 12 something when I got home. My mum was pretty worried and displeased ^____^' oops. I promised that I wouldn't stay out THAT late anymore *sigh*.


Pheobe and I at Randwick.

On Sunday, I spent my afternoon with Ralph and Pheobe. We ate and chatted away, telling each other all these lame pick up lines and jokes we've heard before. It was fun! Unfortunately, it was our last day to work at WYD. On Wednesday, WYD officially ended. Overall, it was a great experience, to be able to witness all these different cultures coming together for one event and how they were proudly waving their country flags up high. It was magnificent, especially when the Pope came to Barangaroo. Silence in the crowd, only the majestic symphony playing in the background, signaling the pilgrims that the Pope has arrived. He was on a boat where water was sprouting out. Of course, it was from the sea. I don't think they would be that wasteful to use fresh water JUST to decorate the boat the Pope was in.


Ralph and I at Randwick.

I made so many friends from WYD like Reuben (I'm writing his name first because I forgot his name ... ONCE! Only once!), Sarah, Susan, Leonora, Jenny, Samanta, Susanna, Ravi, Ralph, Jessica, Crystal, Pheobe, Cindy, Gillian and lots more! I hope i'll be able to talk or see all of you soo! Just to tell you, I could've taken more pictures of everyone but it was so busy so I couldn't. Besides, I only brought my camera on Sunday. *sigh* What a shame!

No comments: