Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Thursday 16 December 2010

receiving life lessons from a drunk drug-addict

15121O - Christine N.'s 19th Birthday.
16121O - Katherine W.'s 19th Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY =D !!!

Yes, you've read right. But before I go on to that, let me start from the beginning. Last Sunday, we were taking Linh's cousin, Tracey, out for the last time before her flight the next day. She wanted to go to karaoke, so we went to GreenboxPLUS at Townhall. I guess it wasn't so bad. The rooms were okay and we initially had some trouble with the audio and remote control but it was because we weren't pointing it at the right place. The service wasn't so bad and the decorations were pretty nice. For 3 hours, we sang our lungs out, danced like maniacs and had some drinks and snacks while we were at it. It's been almost a year since I last went to karaoke, so it was pretty fun for me though I wished there was more hms... craziness? Either way, I hope Tracey had fun =).

Just going to the city for karaoke was a bit mundane so we decided to show Tracey Bondi beach afterward. Oh, it was actually around 11PM when we got to the beach because we only started karaoke at around 6:30PM. Benefits of having cars xD. I was actually pretty excited to go to the beach because I've never been to the beach at night before =D.At the beach, although throughout the whole day it was around 30 degrees Celsius, it was pretty cold at night with the sea breeze and all. Hence, before facing the cold, we had a pit-stop at Maccas. It amazed me to see so many people wearing almost nothing in such cold weather. Then again, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt as well; but that was because I was already out during the hottest time of the day. 

I digress. Anyways, to warm ourselves up, we ran around and played touch football with a thong because we had no ball =P. After a couple of minutes, a couple of friends/lovers asked to join in as well. They were pretty good; actually the boys in general was good since they all liked doing sports. I mean, come on, Anthony's even a personal trainer lol. But us girls weren't so easy to deal with either =). I actually managed to tackle Anthony done a couple of times; well, more like pull/drag xD. It was really fun; I haven't played sport with a group of people for so long so I enjoyed it a lot. Of course, I ate sand;  been forced to hi-5 sand with my face, been showered with sand; been scraped by sand; been pushed, pulled and sandwiched by people but it was still fun =). After many games, it ended up being 3-2 with the other team winning. They were all good games though =). 

The couple left us afterward and we decided to take a break. We all sat in a circle and started playing that rule game, but it got on everyone's nerves quicker than usual; must be because we were all tired already. We were just about to finish when a middle-aged man with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist came towards us and just sat down between Linh and Raymond. Since he didn't seem like he was leaving soon, we asked him if he was okay and he replied yes. It was the most awkward and weirdest moment ever ... He then began asking us things like 'what do you think life is?' and all those philosophical things O_O For first couple of minutes, we kept laughing at what the guy was saying. Must've been the nervousness or awkwardness of the situation. He talked about his job and his life, he asked us to talk about ourselves, etc. Throughout our conversation, he kept going on about life and all, and even made a metaphor about stars and life =S In my opinion, I think he just wanted to talk to someone about his unhappiness or his own understanding about things and strangers were the best audience since it's not like you'll meet them again. Yes, he was a drug-addict because he confessed of taking in 'so much drugs that it'll be more than all of us put together' or something like that. At one stage, we even thought he was gay because he said he was from Kings Cross and was paying extra attention to Raymond. Apparently, he was half naked because he just went swimming naked. I don't think he was gay because he didn't really act like one, or maybe I was just being stereotypical. 

Christoph's in the middle, with the towel around his waist.

I think we were all too nice to actually tell him to go away or something. It was all thanks to time and parents, or else we might've had to stay there til morning or something. By around 1AM we decided to take our leave. We bid our goodbyes, told him to take care of himself and to have a good life. In the car, Raymond and Anthony said that he was actually drunk because they could strongly smell the alcohol on him. Linh also thought he was a drug dealer and maker from the description he gave us about his job. By the way, his name was Christof. Either way, it was the weirdest night I've ever had. Many thanks to Linh for driving us all home =). 

PS. Congratulations on the ex-HSC students of 2010 for passing their HSC and getting their marks back =). May you have a bright future in front of you and good luckies to you all =). Congratulations to the students of Canley Vale High School for being in top 200 again, for 3 consecutive years. I'm very proud of you =).
PSS. Thanks My Linh for the photo =).

No comments: