Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Saturday 15 January 2011

Say what?! Zoadiac's now 13?!

13O111 - Wendy H.'s 19th Birthday.
14O111 - MG's 19th Birthday.

Normally, logical people will classify astrology and zodiac related concepts as pseudoscience (aka false science). To put it simply, they're theories and beliefs that cannot be proven as false OR correct via scientific methodologies. Though, it doesn't stop people from reading their horoscopes for a bit of entertainment. With so many people in the world, the predictions will undoubtedly be correct every so often and hence, there are people who believe that horoscopes hold some truth in them; this is known as the Barnum Effect. I'm one of those people who likes to read them but don't completely believe in them. However, I do think that our zodiacs play a role in who we are, whether it's a little or a lot. Born on the 4th of August, I'm known to be a Leo. if you want to know about your own zodiac, you can go to this website. Anyways, for Leos, according to Wikipedia: 
Leo () is the fifth astrological sign of the Zodiac, originating from the constellation of Leo. In astrology, Leo is considered to be a "masculine", positive (extrovert) sign. It is also considered a fire sign and is one of four fixed signs ruled by the Sun. Being the fifth sign of the zodiac, Leo has been associated with the astrological fifth house.
Now I can go on and on about how awesome Leos are, but it'll never end and it's not what I'm going to blog about in this post. Apparently, according to this article, the sun is no longer in the same constellation as it was 3,000 years ago. Hence, compared to the Babylonian astrology (website A or website B), where there were 12 zodiacs, the current zodiac system now have 13 zodiacs; introducing Ophiuchus (aka Serpentarius). This is the sign of Ophiuchus:


 
 Video on Astrology.

Ophiuchus, the serpent bearer, was thought to be associated with a real person in the 27th Century BCE, in Ancient Egypt, called Imhotep. With the Ancient Greeks, he was known as 'Asclepius,' the god of medicine. You can read the summary of the myth from this website. Anyways, because of the discovery of Ophiuchus, there have been numerous of debates in astrology, either about the prediction of Doomsday in 2012 or just the dissatisfaction from the normal citizens. Either way, Ophiuchus' causing quite an uproar around the world. 

Under the new zodiac system, I'm said to be a Cancer. I have nothing against Cancers, but I'm proud to be a Leo >=(. From the descriptions of the zodiacs, my personality suits a Leo more than a Cancer =(. It's just strange to know that in just one year my zodiac sign changed in an instant. I was surfing the net to understand more about the new zodiac system when I came across this person's homepage. It was a post about the Ophiuchus. It was one of the most hilarious things I've ever read. Not the post, but the comments ROFLS. Even if I am to become a Cancer by astrologists, I'll forever classify myself as a Leo. I was born as a Leo, I live as a Leo and I'll die as a Leo >=).

This is the old zodiac system: 

    
This is the new zodiac system:

Capricorn: January 20 - February 16
Aquarius: February 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11 - April 18
Aries: April 18 - May 13
Taurus: May 13 - June 21
Gemini: June 21 - July 20
Cancer: July 20 - August 10
Leo: August 10 - September 16
Virgo: September 16 - October 30
Libra: October 30 - November 23
Scorpio: November 23 - November 29
Ophiuchus: November 29- December 17
Sagittarius: December 17- January 20

Is anyone else wondering why Scorpio only has a couple of days while the rest of the zodiac signs have about a month?

No comments: