Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Saturday 1 January 2011

for once, family comes first

O6O111 - Zak's 21st Birthday.

It's been years since I last celebrated something at my aunt's house. Yes, there were special occasions where we'd have special dinners at the city. Yes, there were a couple of times where I hanged out with my cousins. But eating a home-made dinner with the family at my aunt's house has been rare as we all got older. To be honest, nothing particularly exciting or crazy happened; just a small get together with the family, including Marina's boyfriend and family friend, Andrew. 

For that night's dinner, it was cousin William who became the chef and she sure whipped up a scrumptious citrus and chicken salad =). Everyone all loved it. We also had cooked salmon, fresh oysters, raw salmon and Japanese seaweed for dinner. It was a mixture of American and Japanese cuisine =). because there wasn't enough chairs around the dining table, cousin Marina and Andrew went to eat in the living room. Conversations during dinner mostly consisted of food, my studies, food, my face looking better, food, Chinese things and oh, did I mention food? I know we were eating but the topic about food became a bit mundane as it repeated continuously throughout dinner lol oh wells.



 Jaffa =).
 Hector =).

After dinner, we watched a bit of TVB drama 'War and Beauty' before playing a game of $1000 minute. It was a board game of trivia. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of trivia board games because I suck. I utterly and completely suck. You know why? Because I live under a rock; my knowledge about the world around me is quite minimum. So little that, it all honesty, it's pathetic. I admit, I really do need to be more aware of the world around me. Anyways, I practically saw the results of the game already - me in last place. And I was. We played until 12AM to watch the fireworks. 

Honestly, I didn't feel as excited and happy as I was last year when I was watching the fireworks with my friends. Maybe it was because of the atmosphere ... My cousins and Andrew were too busy sending out NYE messages to pay much attention to the fireworks. if I had credit, I might've done the same thing, but I didn't. Or, I don't know, maybe they could've sent it earlier or something so that we can all watch the fireworks in peace. I mean, they all didn't succeed in sending it to all their friends anyways, with all those errors they kept receiving =S.

After the fireworks, we just talked a bit before I decided to go home. The only thing I wish I did was taken a photo with my cousins because it's been years since we last had a family photo of some sort. Unfortunately, they didn't want to take photos because they weren't dressed up and all. Oh wells, maybe next time. 

No comments: