Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Sunday 29 November 2009

piano > violin ?

Tonight was the Accelerated Centre of Education (A.C.E) annual student concert and presentation night, at Bankstown, and Vicky and I were fortunate enough, or just plain bored, to watch the juvenile, amazing, talented children perform their lovely pieces of music and/or dance compositions.

An inside fountain/koi pond @ Bankstown Club.
Vicky and a pretty background =).
Vicky and I =).

Actually, the main reason we were there was to watch Minhky play the cello =) YAY!!! Unfortunately, to me, the violin practically overwhelmed the other instruments, though the piece (Waltz in A minor) was still a nice piece to listen to. May I also say that the ratio of piano pieces to violin pieces is quite great O_o. I swear, it's like 99% of the concert was piano pieces and the other 1% was on violin and/or dance performances. 

Minhky: back row, 2nd from the left- singing Beauty and the Beast.
Minhky playing the cello =).

The night began with the youngest, which gradually ascended into the older generation. Initially, I was patient and still, enjoying the sound of music echoing through the hall. Alas, that didn't last long. I became restless and tired as the concert was about to end. There were many times where I whined and complained to Vicky like she was my mum/aunt/sister/grandma =). Of course she never bought it. Damn.

There was this moment when the hostess came back on and she said: "Weren't they beautiful - " Now you'd think that she was going to comment about the performance, but she actually said "costumes" instead. It was hilarious, but I guess it was one of those 'only-funny-because-it-was-in-the-moment' things. Oh wells xD.

OH! There was this incident where a pianist was supposed to play Cannon. Unfortunately, I didn't recognise it because apparent, it was Cannon in C Major, by Ettore Pozzoli, not in D Major =.= it's not even from the same composer SHEESH! Cannon in D Major was composed by Johann Pachelbel. You know, as much as I like music, it can get pretty ridiculous when there's so many different pieces of music for the same composition JUST because they're in different keys xO! I was chucking a fit because I was annoyed at the fact that they didn't play Cannon when I was later informed by Minhky that they did play, but only in a different key *sigh*.

 FREE CHRISTMAS CANDY CANE YAY!!!
Me, Vicky and Minhky.
Vicky and I =).

As we departed, we received candy canes and lollies. Yes, it's an early sign that Christmas is coming soon and that
Santa Claus is coming to town...
=D Then Vicky and I went to eat before heading home, thanks to Vicky's parents. That's it for tonight, so good night everyone and sweet dreams!

PS. That indoor koi pond and garden in that Bankstown Club is AWESOME!!!

No comments: