Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Friday 26 March 2010

twice the celebration

19O31O - Peter D2.'s 18th; Viausto's 18th; Ralph's 20th Birthdays.
23O31O - Derek's 18th Birthday.

It initially started with dinner at Merrylands RSL Club, on Saturday, where we "indulged" ourselves with food, like how Derek would put it =). It was supposed to be an outing to Ocean Land/Aquarium, but some people, including the birthday boy himself, had tests the next few days so he changed it to a dinner instead. The congregation was quite nice seeing that we haven't really seen each other since uni has started, and the outcome of the outing pleased the birthday boy quite a lot =). 

Anyways,  obviously with buffets, you'd want to eat your money's worth, right? Right. According to Derek, we needed to eat 7.5 platefuls of food (don't forget they need to be expensive too - seafood!) to eat our money's worth. I did aim to eat 7 plates, but I only managed just over half way. If you knew me, you'd know I eat a lot when out, so why did I only managed to half the amount that I aimed to eat? Because of my incompetence. Rather than alternating between salads and filling dishes, I ate mostly of filling (and not to mention cheap, because they weren't all seafood) dishes and drank lots of water. I faced the consequences in the toilets... No, not from the bottom (you disgusting people!); from the top. I practically emptied out all my stomach contents. *sigh* Had to start again. It wasn't so bad. I didn't feel sick afterward; I actually felt hungry again LOL! 
Better out then in! - Vicky Fong.
Yes, I completely agree Vicky LOL! Thank you to Kelly, Vicky and Wendy for being there for me during that disgusting moment and making me laugh afterward =D. We went back to the table and continued eating and catching up with everyone else again. Speaking of food, Derek got a free mini chocolate cake, with a sparkler candle, because it was his birthday =D. Apparently, his mum tipped them off about it =D awww! Also, because it was his birthday, we get to stay longer at the buffet =D YAY! Did you know that they have a chocolate fountain? Chocolate covered marsh-mellows and fruits, here I come =D! 

Since Derek's birthday was on a Tuesday (aka. uni day) he had his celebration earlier, so we decided to give him a surprise visit instead =). Let's have a standing ovation for Wendy's organising and planning skills *claps hard* =D. The plan didn't go completely to plan, but it was just as good =D. We managed to get a fairly large group of people to participate with event, who all helped with the banner, the cake and the D-formation =D so thanks to everyone, Derek's surprise was a success =D. It was slightly ruined when Derek cheekily previously suggested that he didn't want to go to uni on his birthday, because it was his birthday, and people were telling him to go. Obviously, something was up ;D. The chipped-in money was partially used for the event itself, but the rest would be given to Derek and our 18th birthday gift to him. We would've bought him a ticket for shark diving but a) they didn't provide vouchers, b) he didn't know when he'd be free next and c) it's unlikely that he wanted to go shark diving alone, and we only had enough for 1 ticket. Hence, Wendy came down to the decision of just giving him the money =). Anyways, thanks to David and Shirley L. for providing the photos =).

Wendy leading Derek to the location =).
 YAY!!! OUR COLOURFUL BANNER =D!!!
 
I agree Vicky, " best "i am totally surprised about this unexpectedly unexpected get-together" face ever :D "
 
Lamington and honey-flavoured swirls with gummy babies anyone?
D-FORMATION =D !!!
There were more people than this =).

Hope you had an awesome one Derek, and that you liked our surprise =D. Don't worry Derek, even though you're a year older doesn't change the fact that we all love you just the way you are =D (especially Wendy ;D). Stay strong, stay healthy, and continue smiling that smile of yours because anyone who sees it will always feel GOOGOL TIMES better than they already do =).

No comments: