Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Wicked is the new Good

On the 22nd of September, Wednesday, it was my first time watching a musical. I've been to threatre plays and all, but never a musical. I'm glad I did, even though it was $86.70 (including handling fees) because it was definitely worth.

What was the musical, you might ask? it was 'Wicked.' What can I say, it's the epitome of anything that defines wicked - no! It's beyond any definition because there are no words that can describe the awesomeness of the musical =D. It's a shame that it's over now, but they will be showing at Brisbane at the beginning of next year. As much as I loved it, I'm not sure if I'm willing to travel all the way to Brisbane to watch it again. 

Out of the two Elphabas, we got Jemma Rix who, I thought, did a great job in portraying her character. To be honest, I thought Glinda (played by Lucy Durack) was an annoying character but I love her lines because they're hilarious =D. I admit that her voice was quite good, but I still like Rix's voice better. Also, compared to the original Elphaba from San Francisco, Idina Menzel, I still prefer the Sydney's Elphaba, but I do like the voice of Kristin Chenoweth (Glinda) better than Sydney's Glinda. To be honest, initially I thought that if they actors were to sing, they would just focus solely on singing however; they actually included their acting into their singing. I was quite surprised and amazed by their talent. No wonder 'Wicked' was rated 5 stars. To be honest, I think the voice of James Smith (Boq) was much better than Tim Campbell (Fiyero), but who am I to comment about the casting. AH! What surprised me was to see Bert Newton (Wizard) perform because although I knew he did a lot of acting on television, I never expected him to be singing on stage =S. How shocking. Anyways, I was going to do some research and write about it on my blog, but I'm not bothered, because there's always wikipedia.org =3 just search up 'Wicked (musical)' and you'll find it.

The story itself was such a great plot with a very sad twist. It really did open my eyes to fairy tales - never take things at face value; don't judge a book by it's cover; etc. It was just like a movie I watched about Jack and the beanstalk. It was live action movie with a twist to the story. I thought it was pretty interesting. Man, Kinokuniya was selling two books in one (Wicked and Son of a Witch [sequel]) for $25. I should've bought one for myself =.=! Anyways, back to the musical, I cried when they were singing 'For Good.' It was such a great and sad song! Now, almost every time I listen to it I cry >.<

The architecture of Capitol Theatre is commendable; the interior design looked a lot like Old England if you ask me. I especially liked the lamp posts. Why there are lamp posts inside buildings, I have no idea. I guess they replaced indoor lights =S. The toilet's quite clean too. Why I mentioned that, I have no idea. Moving on, Kelly and I gave our belated presents to Susan as an apology for not going to her birthday dinner. I gave her a Korean drama called 'You're Beautiful' and Kelly gave her a box full of paint samples from Bunnings. When I said 'a box full', I seriously mean 'a box full.' I mean, there were barely any gaps. According to Kelly, there were ~300 samples of them. Why did Kelly get Susan that? Simple. It's what Susan wanted =). Anyways, I had a great night watching a musical with Linh, Kelly and Susan. Thank you Susan, for giving us drinks and the photos, and Linh, for driving us home. Well,  for driving me there as well =3. Oh, we actually met a high school friend that night. Apparently, it was his second time watching it =D and he was generous enough to let us take a photo with his colouful martini glass =). Later on, on Facebook, I found out that a couple more friends also watched it on the same night as us , but we weren't lucky enough to bump into each other. Oh wells =P.


 I told you there was a lamp post inside the building =P. The background looked like a sunset/sunrise =D.
 The green martini glass we borrowed from our friend =D.

No comments: