Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Wednesday 25 August 2010

never sleep around photographers

Honestly, I wanted to back out of PHOTOSOC's event to Long Reef Beach because it was right after polling day. However, I promised that I'd be there and it was part of my obligations to chaperone the members who were going.

Being so tired from the previous day, I thought I'd take a nap on the bus ride to the beach. Big mistake. I should've known that being surrounded by photographers, on a photography event, it was wise not to be unconscious around them. *sigh*.

Photo by Carmen.

Oddly enough, the beach outing was full of surprises. Quote from Zinah: Is this real Carmen? Oh no, I don't have my totem! It was a reference to the movie Inception. I must agree, there were so many unexpected things that it almost felt like something was out of place. We I think of beach, I thought of just a wide, open area full of rock and sand and sea water. I didn't expect there to be a football field, a tennis court, a golf course, a park and a mud swamp next to the beach. Note to self, I should never follow Alfred and his directions. He unintentionally led us to the mud swamp and the only way to get to the other side was to walk over it *sigh*. My purple converse turned black/brown.  

I also didn't except to see to many dogs around. Speaking of dogs, a Labrador walked towards us and laid on its back for us to pat his stomach. Unfortunately, earlier Alfred placed a bag of lollies on my hoodie, so when I bent down to scratch the dog, the bag of lollies fell out. I tried to stop the dog from eating the lollies, but in the eyes of the members, they thought I was abusing the dog. Well, I guess I'd rather look like an abuser than let the dog eat the lollies; dogs aren't suppose to eat sweet things because it's bad for them. I know that because I'm a dog owner myself. 

There were also power-gliders at the beach as well. It looked fun, but tiring at the same time. We passed by a group of people promoting Vitamin drinks and were given a sample each and got our photos taken as well. Free drinks, that's a plus =D.

For once in my life, never have I witnessed so many life and death situations in the natural environment. There were 3 that I've encountered:
  1. A colony of ants eating a small, dead crab.
  2. A man fished and caught a beautiful looking fish and was going to take it home to eat it. (Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it was a bream or something, but it was a such a beautiful fish; a fish that you'd take it home as a pet, not as dinner. I had the urge to kick the bucket. Alas, it wasn't my business)
  3. Humans poking a red plum looking organism so hard that it leaked and died. Later, we discovered that it was a type of jellyfish. Because we learned that jellyfish lived in the ocean, it was odd to see them living on rocks. Curiosity could kill *sigh*.
Although I felt like I needed to do something, but I thought, even if I could do something this time, it doesn't mean I could do something all the time. It was like survival of the fittest. Organisms live and die everyday, it's part of life. Sad, but true. I prefer not to dwell on such a philosophical matter like this online, so I'll just leave it as that. 

Thanks to the members and their snacks, I had food to eat at lunch =D. I completely forgot to bring snacks to the picnic because I was running late. I especially liked the dried mango strips made in the Philippines. I should look for it one day =). 

I'll end my blog with a joke that Alfred told me: 
 
Alfred: What fruit does Beethoven likes?
Fiona: Um... beetroot?
Alfred: No
Fiona: What then?
Alfred: Bananana (8)
Laughs.

PS. Thanks to Andrew fro driving Zinah, Carmen and I home at the end of the day =).

No comments: