Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Sunday 8 August 2010

another year wiser? pft

O8O81O - 姐姐's 25th HAPPY BIRTHDAY =D!

To be honest, overall my 19th birthday was one of my worst birthdays because I actually cried. However, there were moments where it made my birthday quite special. So rather than talking about sad things, I'll just talk about the good things.

It was a good thing that my birthday was on a Wednesday because it was the only day I had a free day from uni. However, I still had to go to PHOTOSOC meeting. But because it was a Wednesday, it was $5/meal day at Lansdown Pub =D. Who wouldn't be happy at the thought of cheap food. 

Kelly, my dearest friend, stayed back at uni to see me. She also ran with me, helped me hold my stuff, and waited for me during my job interview (which I didn't get), and joined me at my society meeting even though she barely knew anyone nor was she part of the society to begin with. When the society meeting was over, unfortunately she had to leave. Before she left, she gave me a papers of questionnaires answered by some of my close friends, who includes Cindy T., Derek, Edim, Eric, Kelly, Mark, Minhky, Nathan, Shirley L., Thanh, Vicky, Wendy, Yvonne. 

I sincerely thank you for your replies and effort in answering those questionnaires, especially Kelly, who I know made the questionnaire. I was actually surprised when she told me that she was actually working on the questionnaire, rather than her online training for her job. I am grateful to have you guys as friends and you don't know how long I laughed after reading your answers ROFLMAOS! Thinking about it cracks a smile on my face. There were answers which I was surprise to read, maybe because I thought you may not have remembered, or maybe I just don't remember it myself and that you actually did. I hope that our friendship will last a very long time and that even if we do take different paths, I hope we will still bound by a strong line of thread called destiny - friendship =D. I quote from Minhky: ... we've had our ups and  downs... and downs ... and more downs... but we made it through as friends. I have to agree. You've got on my nerves, and I'm sure I've gotten on yours plenty of times, but in the end, somehow we managed through. I know nothing's perfect, just like friendship. And I know we'll have our differences, many actually, but I hope we'll all reflect back and I hope that our good  times will outweigh the bad and then hopefully, we can still stick together and peanut butter and jam. I didn't quote from Minhky because he's my closest friends. You all are. I quoted from him because I thought although it was very short and lacking of words, it sent out a simple message to me: we don't need to extremely compatible in order to be really good friends. I know that I don't actually have much common interests with all of you, but look at me and Kelly. We've been friends for 6 1/2 years, ever since we started high school. I barely have any common interests with her. It amazes me how she's still friends with me ROFLS but I guess we just click =). I'll just conclude this: I hope that we'll keep clicking til we're old =).  

I think that questionnaire will be one of my favourite birthday presents now =). Anyways, the other good thing that happened was Eric shouting me dinner and dessert. We had pork ribs at Pancake at the Rocks and then chocolate dipping at French Riviera. We were going to go to MIzuya but it was too expensive O_O  and we didn't know where else to eat that was close enough. If it was another day, I wouldn't have mind walking but that day I was getting blisters from wearing the heels =_=. Eric was considerate enough to buy me thongs from this Australian souvenir shop =P. For dessert, I wish we could've shared instead because both of us were kind of full and it was a tad expensive for one serving. In the end, I couldn't finish my chocolate sauce and icecream. I think it was coconut. I wanted to eat mango cake >=( but most of the dessert shops that we knew were closed *sigh*. Oh wells, it was still good. Mimi and Shirley could've joined us but  they were preoccupied that night. Hanging out with Eric and reading those questionnaires made my day. 

Also, I would like to  thank the many Facebook messages, phone calls and text messages that I got on my birthday =D. Thank you people for remembering my birthday, even if it was a Facebook alert lol =).

Another year older *sigh*. Next year I'll be 20 years old T__________T no more teens AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

No comments: