Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Monday 31 August 2009

A trip down memory lane in Australia

Once again, Open Day for universities arrived at our doorsteps, welcoming us with their freebies, masterpieces and intriguing courses. Thank you for welcoming us with open arms.

I STRIPPED in the car last Friday afternoon MWAHAHAHAHA! Only because I didn't have time to change in the toilets since mum and I were going to meet my cousins (who are also siblings), from Malaysia who we haven't seen for almost 10 years, at the city. Who are they? They are Puiyi 姐姐 and Mun Hong 哥哥. I sure missed them! They actually brought gifts for me, including San San 姐姐! 非常感謝! While Puiyi 姐姐 and her friend, Elvin, went to get dressed to go clubbing, Mun Hong 哥哥, mum and I went walking around at Chinatown before meeting up again to eat dinner with them and Elvin's friends. Obviously, when you don't see your relatives for almost 10 years, there sure is a lot to catch up with! Thankfully, everyone is well in Malaysia, so that's good!

Thanks to Kelly and Joes for waiting for me at the station, on Saturday morning, or else it would've been a lonesome trip to the city. We rendezvous with the others at UTS, then we split up. Joes and I tagged along with Eric, Minhky, Vicky and Stanley to USYD. Athena and her cute and fluffy pomeranian female puppy, Cutie, joined us on the bus trip in search for Annie and Cindy. I sure saw a lot of Canley students and Seftoners at the universities. We didn't do much, just the usual activities; walking, talking, singing, dancing, searching, taking, rendezvousing, eating, speculating, etc.


Athena's dog, Cutie.
Vicky, taken by Eric.
Us rehearsing the Thriller dance. Us at Townhall (left to right: Stanley, Vicky, Joes, Me, Kelly, Eric and Minhky)

So what's extra special about this Open Day? *drum rolls* Michael Jackson's Birthday Flash Mob! Yep! We were anticipating the chance to perform a tribute for the King of Pop's 51st birthday (29O8O9)! First we took the bus back to Central from USYD, then walked to Hyde Park (we had trouble finding directions for it), learnt the dance for an hour or so, then walked all the way to Townhall, waited for another half an hour, then performed Thriller, then walked all the way to Circular Quay to do another performance (twice there), and we were just too tired to walk all the way to IMAX to do another performance, so we went to 'Pancake on the Rocks' instead =). We should've taken the bus or train for transport, instead of just walking all around Sydney xO! My feet were screaming for a foot massage! And no, we weren't at the front; we were at the back of the group =).


MJ Birthday Flash Mob (Thriller) @ Townhall, Sydney.

Kelly.
Kelly and Vicky.
Tree huggers =)

You know, I got tired from laughing too much during the trip to and from The Rocks because of the others and their eccentric comments ROFLMAOS! But we went our separate ways after we reached Central train station (don't worry, we weren't that stupid to walk all the way back again; we took the train back). Vicky, Eric, Stanley and I took another train to Townhall while the others caught another train home. We met up with the other Seftoners on the monorail (excluding Michael Sin) and it was pretty fun. Hot and suffocating, but fun. OH! A funny incident happened during our monorail trip:

Eric: aslkjdfioefekjdlfkadsf
Fiona: aslkdfjsadlkfj I really like this necklace, although all the jewels on the piano fell off asldkfjkdsljf.
Eric and Vincent takes a closer look at the necklace.
Fiona: Stop loooking at my chest! *covers her chest*
Vicky: You have no chest to look at - I'M JOKING!
Everyone: OHHHHHHH!
Fiona attempts to strangle Vicky and everyone laughs.

ROFLMAOS! Vicky you cheeky one! I only managed one trip around the city before I went off again. Eric and Stanley were nice to wait with me for my cousins to pick me up. We spent our waiting time at Kinokuniya and I realised we all were interested in anime and/or manga =D! YAY! Then came Puiyi 姐姐 and off to dinner we went. CLUBBING - I wish. Since my mum took my license to help me make a new passport, and the fact that they didn't accept student ID cards, Mun Hong 哥哥 stayed with me while the others partied. We had desserts before we went our separate ways though and it was pretty delicious =D. I think the place was called Passionfruit Cafe... or something like that anyways! Mun Hong 哥哥 and I went to an internet cafe before we went around Chinatown for more snacks LOL! We headed to the hotel after that since we both were pretty tired from the day.



Us having desserts.
St. Mary's Cathedral.

The next day we had breakfast at 2PM. Yes, you read right, 2PM ROFLS! The cafe is called Tart Cafe and we were accompanied by 2 other people, besides Elvin, that were Puiyi 姐姐 new friends. They were engaged actually =D. Our first destination of the day was St. Mary's Cathedral and it sure was beautiful, inside and out =D. Next was the markets at The Rocks which was also my first time being there. I've only just walked pass there a couple of times, but I've never actually entered the market street before. In short, I was site-seeing with them as well HAHAHA! So much for being a Sydney resident. Mun Hong 哥哥 went home with me while Puiyi 姐姐 went to party with Elvin again at Argle Street Club hahaha! He came and slept over at our house for a night =D. Mun Hong 哥哥 and I played a bit on my computer before he got tired and hence, he went to sleep while I stayed on my computer a little bit longer. He slept in my room while I slept with my mum =) All in all, my weekends were exhausting yet GREAT!

PS. I had fun reminding Kelly to practice her southern American accent for her HSC drama monologue!
PSS. Thanks to my friends for their birthday presents! I really like them!
PSSS. YAY! It's the end of Winter and tomorrow will be the beginning of Spring!

No comments: