Simplicity at its finest is NOT what i would depict how my life was, nor would i suggest the continuation of my naivety however, as my life escalates into complexity, i hope to keep my optimistic hindsight on life in order to live. Just live. My personal ordeal is to live with no regrets, as though i will die tomorrow. I follow the path that will lead me to who I want to be: someone who people can confide in, to go to when they are in their deepest hour; that's who I want to be. That is my aim in life. Hobbies and interests make my path more flamboyant and enticing, while my family, pet, and friends are the reasons for my existence; the reasons why i try and improve myself. My lack of self motivation for change may be quite obvious, but it doesn't mean that improvement did not occur. It may be so petite, so small, that it's practically invisible, but i guarantee you, i do try. Indefinitely.



Blog By EGO BOX

Sunday 26 July 2009

'The Red War'

Screw Heartbreak Ridge Paintball and their rule about arriving there at 7:3OAM! Because of them, I had to wake up at 4AM! Can you believe it, 4AM?! Actually, I didn't even have to wake up at all because I didn't sleep... AT ALL! Since the holidays began, my sleeping patterns have alternated and hence, rather than sleeping, I was actually taking a shower at an ungodly hour, studying Biology, and laying awake on my bed, twisting and turning until the time came for me to get dressed. This was WORSE than waking up for camp, like seriously! It's almost worse than the historian students who had to wake up at 5 or 6 in the morning for their History tutorial, at the city somewhere!

Arriving at Cabramatta Station, I saw the others (Danny, Kelly, Joes, Wenyu, Lim, Andrew and Vu) and immediately I started complaining to Kelly and Joes about waking up at such an ungodly hour! I felt bad for making my mum drive me at such a time too! If only I had my Ps already, so I can drive myself out instead. Anyways, I shone my torch at Joes, since it him who booked the game. Yes, I brought my torchlight with me because 1. for a weapon in hand if I was to be attacked and 2. a source of light. I used it for neither, but Kelly and I sure had fun flahing people with it =). I would blame Danny for the organization but it was his extremely belated outing for his birthday, so I couldn't. Hence, Joes replaced his position >=].

We took the train to Blacktown, took 2 taxis to get to the location and got dressed. I don't know if I should be thankful that Kelly and I were females or not because we received more protection than the guys, but then it also seemed like we're too delicate and fragile to take in the pain which, in my opinion, made us look like wussies or something. I was still grateful though =). Kelly and the guys were making jokes about the cups and stuff hahaha! It was hilarious! The jokes were mostly about Joes since Kelly, believing that the cup was like 'bullet-proof,' kicked him in the nuts. Obviously, it still hurt. LOL!

Heartbreak Ridge Paintball.
Kelly and I.
Kelly.

I'd say we experienced the closest senario that was similar as being in the war. There were different game senarios where the opposite teams, black and green, had to touch the other team's weapon or flag. Danny, Joes, Kelly and Vu were on the green team while Wenyu, Lim, Andrew and I were on the black team. There were other people there as well, so there were more players to shoot. They were right when they said paintball was painful. Yeah, the first shot seemed to be the most painful out of all of them however, after a while it doesn't hurt anymore. I don't think it's being shot at that hurts most, I think it's mo re of the cramping, running and dodging. Talk about muscle exertion overdrive! Since I'm such an idiot, I dropped most of my anmos during the game T_T so that kind of killed my excitement for paintball. Vu did the same, but before the game, so he had to sit out the first game and get a refill for the next game. Unfortunately, I didn't have the same luck. If I was to play the next game, I'd have to buy new anmo. I chose saving my money for food over more anmo so I missed out the next game T_T. Wenyu said he could've gave me some since he bought more, but it's too late now *sigh*. Kelly got some paint on her t-shirt, which looked a lot like she was shot at LOL! Poor girl, I guess she didn't button her one piece high enough. During the second game, they had a game where they played as individuals (I forgot the name for that xO!) and it sounded really fun xD I wish I was there to see it however, I was the only lucky one to NOT have my shoes stained with red paint =). We could've stayed for the free pizza, but we couldn't bother to wait for another 2 hours for it to arrive. We decided to get our own food instead.

Army Truck.
Kelly and I after paintball.
Groupie after paintball (Danny, Lim, Andrew, Vu, Me, Joes, Kelly and Wenyu).

People,
Blacktown shopping mall is HUGE and HI-TECH! Kelly and I were facinated by the amount of technology they used in their mall, e.g. computerized directories and television in the food court. How awesome is that?! I wish our shopping mall is as hi-tech as that. I'll just have to wait another 20 years or so -.-'. Anyways, after an hour or so, we went home. I think Kelly and Danny would agree that we'd prefer laser tag over paintball because we're Asian (aka. CHEAP!) and there's nothing wrong about that =). Oh, and we have a whole different perspective and empathy for those brave soldiers who went to war. We feel for you people, maybe not as radical, but we do feel for you. War is horrible, advocate peace!

PS. I got red paint in my hair =.='!

No comments: